“Fabulous food!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We visited Yum Sing On a recommendation and we weren't disappointed. The satay sauce served with the chicken satay was amazing. As was the sweet and sour chicken and beef curry main dishes we had. Delicious and worth every penny.

Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Well, seeing as I have passed this place a million times I decided one night to try it out. I had heard from a lot of the locals that it is a lovely restaurant so I thought I would see what all the fuss was about. On arrival we were greeted by the staff, they were exceptionally friendly and took us to a romantic booth. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised....WHY HADN'T I BEEN HERE SOONER! We had the duck to start which was absolutely gorgeous, the nicest duck ever! Our mains were just as good but we were spoilt for choice on to what to eat!! The staff were lovely and friendly and couldn't do enough! I would highly recommend people to stop off and experience a fantastic night and meal as we did!! I never write my bad reviews on trip advisor but when I have had a good meal I always think it's vital to say!!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Finding it difficult to find any Chinese restaurants that were still trading in Torquay, we took the suggestion of visiting Yum Sing. On first arrival i thought i was at a haunted house attraction rather than a restaurant. Approaching the front door i took a very quick glance at what looked like a menu in the conservatory window and noticed that most main dishes appeared to be in the £4-5 range. Thankfully we were able to get a table without prior booking although if we had arrived much later (we got there about 7:30) i doubt they would have been able too.
Looking at the menu handed to us, i soon noticed that the main dishes we actually in the range of £10-12 each, so i'm not sure what i saw when we first arrived but it was somewhat different. To be honest i can't remember paying that amount in any Chinese restaurant but it was a bit too late to back out so we stayed. The set meals looked very similar in terms of the types and number of courses but at nearly £29 a head, it seemed a little bit more pricey than i would normally pay for the same thing.
When the food did arrive, it started to sink in why i was paying more. The food was of a higher standard than normal and the quantity of some of the dishes was larger than normal. The service was great.
In summary, the food was at the top end but the price was as well. If you expect a cheap eat-all-you-can type of place then forget it. Its going to set you back approx. £25-30 a head, unless you like a lot to drink in which case its going to be more.
If i am in Torquay again, i would be more than happy to go there again.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We have been regular customers at Yum Sing for quite few years and Vic and Sue have always been wonderful hosts and always make us feel special and no more than recently when we went as a family to celebrate my mothers Birthday the food was excellent as always with Vic producing a wonderful variety of freshly prepared Chinese dishes and can honestly say it is as good as it has ever been with a wonderful choice of dishes on the menu and a good quality wine selection with excellent service and attention to detail to make a wonderful evening!. Thank you Vic, Sue and team

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Good food great wine choice and lovely staff. They fitted us in at short notice. A little bit out of the was but well worth a visit.