“Cosey and warm great food”
Review of Cary Arms

Cary Arms
Ranked #72 of 351 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open for lunch and dinner, the Cary Arms is a 5 star inn with luxury accommodation and exceptional panoramic sea-views. Choose from dining outdoors on sunnier days or a cosy table in the inn by the fireside. The Conservatory is perfect for larger parties and can be booked for exclusive use subject to availability. Reservations for dining are always recommended if you are not staying. Lunch is served from 12 noon to 3pm and dinner from 6.30pm to 9pm. If you haven't reserved in advance, we will always try to find you a table but we can't guarantee it. Relaxed and friendly, the lunch menus include a choice of soup and lighter snacks as well as sandwiches. In the evening, dining is more formal and the location very romantic. Menus include classic gastro-inn dishes featuring the best of fresh, seasonal, locally produced ingredients including excellent fish. Great wine list and a choice of local ales. Well-behaved children and dogs welcome. An adjacent car park offers pay-and display parking.
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Lovely place to celebrate our second anniversary. Food fantastic will definitely be back for seconds x

CaryArms, Manager at Cary Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Chezababe73

Thank you on behalf of the de Savary family for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you enjoyed your second anniversary meal with us and I have passed on your kind comments to the Chef.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Beautiful inside and has fantastic views but you wouldn't know it was there. We only found it after wandering down the long winding road at the end of the clifftop road of Babbacombe Bay.
I believe this place is aiming for the slightly more up market customer and I don't see why not because the place looks the part, its only a shame we visited during a very quiet period.

The meal we had here was lovely and well presented, although at £120 for four to eat, I found that expensive for what we had.

1  Thank Brattyhands

Dear Brattyhands

Thank you for visiting the Cary Arms, I am so pleased you liked our food, ambience and wonderful views. We are competitively priced compared to similar offerings, along with the highest level of hospitality that you received making us well worth the visit.
Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We only wanted a sandwich as we walked along the coast from Torquay, and the welcome we received could not have been better, even in our boots! And what a sandwich! Delicious. The rest of the pub looked just as good, and the Ladies was spotless with fluffy white towels and hand lotion.

Dear Maureen W

On behalf of the de Savary family, thank you for your lovely review. We are all so pleased you enjoyed your delicious sandwich with us and look forward to welcoming you and your walking boots back again in the near future.

Warmest wishes

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We couldn't wait to come back after our visit last year...we were so impressed by the food on that occasion, and this time was no different. Lovely spot for lunch with a wonderful view...but be prepared for the very steep walk/drive down...not for the faint-hearted!

But couldn't fault the food...all three courses were brilliant...especially the fish/seafood which was outstanding. And their sticky toffee pudding for dessert is one of the best puddings of all time!! Will definitely be back again.

Dear lagoonguy

I'm thrilled you decided to come visit us again and enjoyed your gastro pub meal. The views of the Jurassic coastline really are magnificent that you soon forget about the hill when sat on the terrace or in the Inn, enjoying local seafood or Brew. If you do decide to visit us again then please let me know and I will show you around.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having visited the Cary Arms in December, I decided to be brave and drive down the steep hill to take my Mum for lunch. Was delghted that the very charming young man behind the bar remembered me, even asking where Ruby, my dog, was! Food was excellent and the drive back up the hill trouble free! See you again in March!!

1  Thank Sandra R
CaryArms, General Manager at Cary Arms, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear ‘Sandra R’

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I have shared your kind comments with all of the team at The Cary Arms.

I look forward to welcoming you back.