“Carry on Christmas”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Carry on Christmas”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is the forth time that my wife and I have visited the hotel and each time seems a little better. The room we had this time was superbly decorated with all new furnishings,the hotel was well heated .The entertainment was excellent and staff served us well unable to fault the food look foreward to my next visit.

Phil T

Room Tip: room on Southh side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Phil T
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I appreciate you taking the time to write your review and I look forward to welcoming you back for your fifth visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was the second time we have been for this and we all enjoyed it. The hotel staff were all helpful, especially in the restaurant, where there is a good choice of meals. The rooms are clean and the entertainment was very good. We will probably try it again at a different time of the year. Thank you.
Ann W Cornwall

1 Thank Ann W
Laura C, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Many thanks for writing your kind review of the Templestowe; I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for your third visit.
Plymouth
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Well returned to the Templestowe Hotel for the 3rd year running for Tinsel & Turkey, thoroughly enjoyed it. As usual the staff were friendly and helpful, the meals excellent with a good choice on menu. Excellent entertainment, rooms are clean and comfortable. Will return again.

5 Thank Linda M
Templestowe_Manager, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am delighted you had another enjoyable stay with us. I appreciate all of our guests taking the time to share their experience and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have once again had a fantastic time at the Carry on Christmas theme at The Templestowe. Our trip has been running for many years at the same time but this time the entertainment was the best ever. Congratulations to all. The food was plentiful and the rooms are beautifully decorated as are all the decorations in the hotel. We look forward to next year.

2 Thank jeannette g
I am so pleased you had another excellent stay with us, my Entertainments Manager, Paul will be so pleased you enjoyed the entertainment as we have some fantastic new acts lined up for this year. I really appreciate you taking the time to write your review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2014

In a group of ten old friends (nearly all octogenarians) we visited for the fourth year running, and we have all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, no complaints from anybody. And all being well, we'll be back again next year at the same time.
We all had very nice comfortable rooms, en-suite with a good shower. The hotel refurbishment looks complete now, and the only improvement I would suggest is that the upholstery on the seating in the ballroom might be a bit softer.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have a pumping sound when water is turned on. OK during the day but disturbin...
2 Thank eiddew
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, it is so nice to have regular guests return year after year. I have asked my maintenance team to check the second floor and we are continuing our refurbishment of the public areas. I shall pass on your comments and will look forward to seeing you next year if not before.
devon
Reviewed January 18, 2014

What a surprise! The whole experience was absolutely wonderful. The staff are always friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble for any of them. The food was wonderful and with a great choice as well.
The entertainment - well all I can say is that it is a good as any 5* cruise ship! I was such a laugh on "New Years Eve" with everyone up and dancing to Auld Lang Syne and balloons falling from the ceiling.. Entertainment every afternoon as well as evening - well what more could you ask for.
As for the so called bar snacks - we only wanted a snack, not a meal, and the homemade pasties - well they really are wonderful, just the one between us though.
We definitely intend to return in October for Octoberfest.
Only minus is the car parking, once parked we dare not move the car in case we could not get a space again.
Altogether a really fantastic break and I can't wait to go back there again.
Will be recommending to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ebabumpkin
I am thrilled you had a wonderful holiday with us, and thank you for sharing your experience. The team work incredibly hard to ensure all of our guests are satisfied. Our car parking unfortunately is limited and on a first come basis, we try our utmost to park everyone on site. I shall pass on your comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in October.
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Just returned from a brilliant weekend at the Templestowe Hotel. Never been before so didn't know what to expect but everything was so good, the rooms were excellent and clean and the staff were really helpful. The decorations to celebrate christmas were fantastic I've never seen such beautiful decorations right through the hotel. The food was plentiful and varied and served with staff who were very happy and jolly. The entertainment in the evenings was fantastic especially the last night (New Years Eve). We celebrated new year to the sound of Big Ben at 10.15 and the party really took off. Thank you so much for such a good weekend, hopefully be back next year. Christine Ashley

4 Thank Christine A
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your first holiday with us and thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and the whole team will be pleased to have contributed positively to your experience. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and as with all reviews, I shall pass on your comments to the team.