“fun,fun fun.”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 15, 2013

that's what we had all weekend from the time we got on the coach till we got off on our return, we were on the same bus as the previous reviewer and he was right about the bus driver he looked after us very well and was very knowledgeable on the area.. the hotel was very good, clean and comfortable and the food and service in the restaurant was great (thank you Luke) the octoberfest was a brilliant idea and entertainment in the ballroom fantastic. the noise at night that the previous person wrote about was probably coming from people leaving the casino next door but was'nt too bad and only heard from that end of the hotel and of course it was the weekend. all in all it was a lovely weekend and as Paul the driver would have said it was Amaaazing. thank you all.

Room Tip: pay a bit extra and have a sea view or premier room, fantastic!!
2  Thank suejmelia
LJCunningham, Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased that you had a fun filled holiday with us. I have passed on all your comments to the whole team and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

first time at the templestowe and certainly not the last ,we did a fri/mon trip and could not fault anythingwent on trips to Exeter and kents cavern with paul the coach driver from Swansea,and he is by far the best driver ever funny knowlagable polite helpful he made the trips,can not wait to return and do it all again,laura and her team could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable.the entertainment on all 3 nights was outstanding,all we can say is a great big thank you to everyone at the templestowe,one downside was the people in the room above us did not consider anyone else

Room Tip: we were in 119 had sea view but noisey people above suggest get room 0n level 3
3  Thank tony b

I am delighted you enjoyed your first visit to the Templestowe hotel. Many thanks for your valuable feedback and I shall pass all your comments on to the whole team. I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was my third visit and although I enjoyed the last two this time far exceeded expectation.The rooms and bathrooms have been refurbished and as usual were lovely and clean. The food was great with a good choice for each course ,our waiter Tom remembered our oddities ( my green tea end my friends gluten free bread.The entertainment as always first class we all loved Paul Cobley but they were all excellent. We were all a little apprehensive about the Octoberfest but it was hilarious ( I think the free wine helped!! It was a brilliant idea and so different we are hoping it will be on again next year as we'l be back! We will of course be back before then too.

2  Thank 4oaps

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel. I am so pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and happy to hear you will be visiting us again soon. The Oktoberfest theme was new for this year and due to its success we are featuring it again next October, along with the free bar. We have now completed the bedroom refurbishment and are focusing on the public areas of the hotel. I shall pass on your review to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was really surprised to read the review below. I just returned today from the most fabulous weekend with them. I am an OAP and I went with my younger sister and her son (mid 30's). We shared a room which had a double and two single beds which were very comfortable. I always have to ask for extra pillows but not this time. They have just replaced the pillows with large fluffy ones and there were plenty of spares in the wardrobe. The room was huge with a modern flat screen TV and looking out to the sea. We only paid £99 each so our expectations were not too high - but I can honestly say this is the very best short break holiday we have been on (and we do quite a few).

We were self drive and that is one of the downsides in that the car park at the hotel is not very big - we did manage to get a spot and stayed put all weekend and used the local bus. There is other public parking around but at least if you are aware of this then you wont be disappointed.

From the moment we checked in at reception EVERYONE was friendly and helpful. The food was really good and the portions were adequate for my needs and I know for a fact if you want "seconds" or extra veg etc you only have to ask - I don't think they know the meaning of the word no .... We were supremely lucky with the weather this weekend so saw Torquay at its very best. As I live in Exeter I know what it has to offer and to anyone thinking of making the trip I can highly recommend it.

The entertainment was also very good on each of the three nights and it started at a reasonable time. A lot of hotels make you wait till about 9.30 before anything happens and by then I have gone to bed, but here it went on till gone 10.30 and we stayed up every night.

This weekend they did the Oktoberfest for the first time and they really put a lot of effort into thinking up different ways of making this special. This was on the Saturday evening and so dinner was accompanied by lovely girls in local costume serving up free wine, beer, lager and soft drinks from 6pm to 11pm. Talk about Value for Money. Who could complain at this??

I believe the next promotion will be their tinsel and turkey and these are also excellent value for money. To summarise I could find nothing to fault them and for anyone looking to have a good time I can thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank suzyblue31

I am delighted to hear that you had a fabulous weekend with us. The Oktoberfest theme is new for this year and due to its success we are featuring it again next October. Thank you for your valuable feedback and photographs which all the staff appreciate and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

great week end and even the weather was with us very good all round hotel staff.food ,entertainment,bedroom was great [even spare pillows]nice pool and ground 5min walk to all the shops 2nd visit had no 5 room last time had no 6 this time so we must be going up in status ha ha many thanks to all concerned see you next time alan

Room Tip: get there early if going by car limited car space
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank scofffer1at35

Thank you Alan for your review, I am thrilled you had another great stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have just returned from the temples tow a coach party from Wales we had a lovely time I always do it is the tenth time I have been there the best hotel in Torquay I have one complaint the food was not very good on Monday and Tuesday but better weds and Thursday also I was disappointed with the floor show was not as good as previous times we had a lovely driver named Paul he is a credit to majestic we laughed from start to finish he could do a turn in the hotel he is wonderful I will return it is my favourite hotel well done

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Ponttypool

Thank you for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel, I am delighted that you had another great stay with us. I have passed on your comments to the whole team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Four of us came from Stoke on coach holiday,Good food ,brilliant staff couldn't fault anything,will certainly be back,entertainment excellent,good pool,hotel brilliant,,free bar was a bonus,hotel situated in a good place,everyone very friendly all staff including reception couldn't do enough,Entertainment out of this world well done to all of you Liz

Room Tip: on 2nd floor quiet with good view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Gwynneth J
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am thrilled that you had a brilliant time and will pass on all your comments to the team.