“Christmas comes early at the Templestowe Hotel, Torquay”
Review of Templestowe Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Templestowe Hotel
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Christmas comes early at the Templestowe Hotel, Torquay”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

At Christmas, we expect pleasant surprises, and the Tinsel & Turkey week we shared with many equally enthused people, was a welcome boost. Unbeatable value for money, effective and efficient running, great and truely helpful staff. Huge menu choice, and really good food.
As an organised bus tour, my cases and luggage appeared in my room, as if by magic, and the check in process saw 50 people through the dorrs in just a few minutes.
I have signed up for short notice vacancies, as I only live 200miles away, and this would be a great base to explore the Devonshire coast from. I look forward to being there again with you soon.

Room Tip: rear for sea view, but either way the quality is equally as good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steve j
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Many thanks for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel; it is a pleasure to read that you had a wonderful holiday with us. I have added your contact details to our database and will be in touch should any late availability holidays with us become available. As always I will pass on your comments to all the team and look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Pembrokeshire
Reviewed October 28, 2012

From the pick-up by the coach to the return journey this was not what I was expecting at all.
The hotel was fresh and light with sea veiws from the rear where we had booked a room. the whole place is decorated in the Christmas theme and the efficiant way that this hotel is being run makes for a very pleasant stay indeed.
We had decided that we would just avoid anything that we were not keen on like bingo and poor entertainment or being treated like cattle but we were so supprised with the quality of customer care and entertainment that we did play bingo as it is only 4 houses which lasted about 30mins only, we did stay to the end of every nights entertainment and we were stunned at the high standard of performances.
We now understand why people return so often as we no doubt will,
WELL DONE MAJESTIC...Val & Graham Pearse. From Wales

Room Tip: The sea veiw is well worth the extra - Room 107 has a shower over the bath
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us. We have some fantastic entertainment organised for our future breaks with new shows and acts keeping our entertainment programme one of the best in Torbay. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon and will pass on your comments to the team.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from spending the weekend at the Templestowe Hotel on one of their Turkey and Tinsel weekends. We booked the weekend as members of a Cardiac Support Group.
We were impressed by the whole weekend. From the easy and quick check in, despite being part of a coach party, to the time that we departed the whole experience was a very enjoyable.
Our cases were delivered to our rooms very swiftly, and the rooms were really impressive and spotlessly clean and had obviously been recently refurbished. All of the staff were exremely obliging with a polite and cheerful manner.
The hotel Christmas decoration were most impressive, with all public areas lavishly decorated.The entertainment every night was very impressive, and was varied, fast moving and of a very high standard, although the first hour each evening was marred, in my estimation by having to suffer Bingo. Our driver Robin was excellent and very friendly, this started from the moment we got onto the coach on Friday to the time we got off on Monday.
The food was plentyful with a good choice, all served efficently and with a smile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank petebelcher
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Templestowe Hotel, I personally appreciate all of the feedback we receive. As always I will be passing on your comments on to the rest of the team who work extremely hard to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant and enjoyable stay. Our new brochure is available now from Majestic Tours so I hope to see you both in the near future.
Tiverton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

What can i say !!!! AMAZING...FANTASTIC..SUPERB..FAULTLESS....i have gone on... and organised several coach parties,but have never had such a good all round experience ,the hotel was immaculate inside and out...room was very comfortable and clean...food quality,choice and ammount was first class and all staff cheery.welcoming and very helpfull......the entertainment was way beyond what you would expect from a weekend of this price bracket,i really cant say anymore except WELL DONE TO ALL AT THE TEMPLESTOWE !!!!..and if you are planning a visit to torquay you would be insane to stay anywhere else...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I am ecstatic to read your very complimentary review; I can assure you that the rest of the team will also appreciate you taking the time to write such lovely comments.
Our new brochure is available now from Majestic Tours featuring all of our upcoming breaks, packed full of astounding entertainment. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from this amazing hotel on Friday 19th October after a short brake with friends. Stayed here a few times over the years and I have to say things have improved, especially the food. Every meal, including breakfast, was cooked exceptionally well with great choice. Although the entertainment was quality and a joy to watch it was the food that really made this stay worth while and will look forward to returning sometime next year. Thanks to all involved. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for such an amazing review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your weekend break with us. I have passed on your complimentary comments to our kitchen team who work extremely hard to exceed our guest’s expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Cullompton
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have just returned from spending the weekend at the Templestowe on one of their Turkey and Tinsel weekends. I booked the weekend as a treat for my elderly Mother who I knew would enjoy the Christmas theme thinking I could 'put up with a bit of tack' for a weekend.
HOW WRONG CAN YOU BE, I was so impressed by the whole weekend. From the easy and quick check in, despite being part of a coach party, to the time that we departed the whole experience was a very enjoyable and promising one.
All of the staff were exremely obliging and cheerful and took care of all our needs in a polite and cheerful manner.
The standard of the entertainment was excellent, Steve Laister was fantastic, and although I was dreading the Krankies I really enjoyed their performance. The entertainment was varied, fast moving and of a very high standard, and thanks to our driver Paul this started from the moment we got onto the coach on Friday to the time we got off on Monday!
Our food was plentyful with a good choice, all served efficently and with a smile. All of this at a very affordable price what more could you ask.
When we first arrived talking to fellow travellers I was amazed to hear that many of them had been to the Templestowe lots of times before, three times this year, 9 times, this is our 6th trip etc and now I understand why - and I will be another returning guest!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LJJCullompton
How fantastic to hear that you had an excellent stay with us. All of the Templestowe team work incredibly hard to ensure that right from the start of your holiday, you receive the very best service and they will be pleased to read your comments.
I am delighted that you will be returning and look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was the first time we have traveled with Majestic Hoilidays and we were all delighted with the quality of the Templstowe Hotel.From the moment we arrived we were treated well,our cases were taken to our rooms that were spotless and had a wonderful sea view.The food was excellent and they catered with my husbands gluten free diet with ease ( but coeliacs take your own bread).we had a free bar and the entertainment was excellent but if you don't enjoy bingo ( like us) then avoid the main bar for an hour or so after the evening meal. I found it hard to find fault with this hotel and with out doubt it's amazing value for money.

Room Tip: Book early to hey best rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Susan A
LizHotel, General Manager at Templestowe Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
I am so pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us; we try our upmost to provide quality holidays at excellent value for money prices. We have some amazing new shows and breaks ready for 2013 and will be pushing on with our refurbishment programme to enhance your next visit with us.
For your next stay with us please telephone the hotel directly in advance and speak with our Restaurant Manager who will be happy to assist you further with your dietary requirements and ensure we have to suitable produce in for your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Templestowe Hotel and will pass on your comments to all of the team.