A trip to the Cary Arms is out of this world on one of those rare English summer days when the weather really does feel like you're on the English Riviera the staff were worked off of their feet we saw hundreds of people arriving on foot, by road and on such a beautiful day even by boat.. Nothing seems too much trouble here even when the terrace is really busy in summer the staff go out oif their way to get you seated for one of those fantastic lunches you dont forget too quickly, just when you thought it couldnt get better came the new barbecue food out on the terrace absolutely delicious. Today from the menu though it was beautiful smoked salmon followed by Cod Loin cooked to perfection and some fish and chips to put the best to shame! once again the wife asked me why my cooking wasn't this good so I excused myself by saying its all down to the ingredients... which is of course true as the Cary definitely gets the best and serves them at a fair price too! no skimping on portions either. If its dessert your after try them all we have! We are here that often we are thinking of moving into one of the rooms... well at least taking a break in Autumn!
Property: Cary Arms & SpaAddress: Beach Road, Torquay TQ1 3LX, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Devon > English Riviera > Torquay
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #18 of 148 B&Bs / Inns in Torquay
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Cary Arms & Spa 5*
Number of rooms: 18
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon