“Amazing food and service”
Review of Cary Arms & Spa

Cary Arms & Spa
Ranked #19 of 150 Torquay B&B and Inns
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband Did not stay at this hotel as they were fully booked however my mum dad and nan did & we stayed local to this hotel - we ate at the Cary arms every evening and food was fantastic the service was faultless even as non guests you are made to feel so very welcome everything catered for they catered to a non gluten diet which was great and appreciated we shall def be back and as hotel quests next time :) would highly recommend

• Stayed April 2014
CaryArms, General Manager at Cary Arms & Spa, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind feedback.
I'm sorry that on this occasion we were full and unable to accommodate the whole family but I'm so pleased you dined with us and enjoyed the experience.
I hope you return to Babbacombe soon and we really look forward to welcoming you back to The Cary Arms again as staying guests.
Fliss Crosby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Blandford
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic stay which was a two night romantic break. The Hotel itself is very comfortable and tastefully decorated throughout, but what really sets it apart is the quality of the friendly caring staff. Nothing was too much trouble and every single member of staff was cheerfully helpful. We loved our large room (Fleet Admiral) with its balcony looking out over the sea and great bathroom and both of us enjoyed some great undisturbed sleep. My wife had two spa treatments and came away feeling pampered. The food was tasty, with generous portions and the bar well stocked. We enjoyed the Resident's Lounge which is a great quiet spot to sit and watch the world go by from or to enjoy a good book in. We look forward to returning soon.

Room Tip: Fleet Admiral has great views and we would stay in it again
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for leaving us your kind comments.
I'm pleased you had a lovely time staying with us and I'm thrilled to hear that the team looked after you well!
We all look forward to welcoming you back to The Cary Arms in the near future.
Thanks again.
Reviewed April 19, 2014

A fabulous location and a very relaxed atmosphere. The food and service are excellent as is the Spa, do book a treatment with Lisa. We stayed in the Captain's room which has a second bedroom and a private balcony which works well for a family. A drink on the terrace overlooking the bay is spectacular and we will definitely be back....

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for leaving us this lovely feedback. I'm so pleased to hear that the whole family enjoyed themselves.
Lisa will be delighted that you mentioned her, I hope the spa treatment left you feeling relaxed and pampered!
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Cary Arms in the near future.
Charlwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Having booked Shell Cottage for three nights as a birthday & anniversary treat to myself & my partner, not forgetting our Border Terrier Millie who came along for the adventure, I could not have been more surprised and amazed by the beauty of the place.

Admittedly the road to the hotel was a bit on the steep side, but didn't deter us from reaching our goal! There was such a warm welcome on our arrival, and then the excitement of seeing the cottage for the first time, which surpassed all my expectations. The facilities within the cottage are fantastic, even down to the finest detail of a jar of sweets for the kids, which in their absence we relished!

We ate in the restaurant on a couple of occasions, which is dog friendly along with the rest of the hotel, and Millie was made just as welcome. The staff are all so friendly and cheerful, and cannot do enough for you. I have to take my hats off to them all; as on our return from a walk on Mothering Sunday, the restaurant & bar were absolutely packed, and it was all hands to the fore as everyone including the house keeping staff dealt with the constant stream of customers.

It was such a fantastic time, and lovely to spend three glorious days watching the world go by at the Cary Arms. I have to say that all the staff are a credit to the company for making our time so enjoyable and I am so glad that we have booked again next year to see them all again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this lovely review. I'm pleased you had such an enjoyable break with us and I hope your birthday was a special occasion that you will remember for a long time.
We really look forward to welcoming you back again next year and in the meantime I hope you and Millie have a lovely summer.
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent a wonderful weekend at The Cary Arms. Though the steep hill down to the pub/hotel may deter the faint hearted the welcome on arrival was fantastic. The place is utterly amazing in every respect. Room, food, staff, view, all faultless. Definitely going back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your kind comments. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope we will have the opportunity to be welcoming you back to The Cary Arms very soon.
Thanks again.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The view from our room was amazing and enjoyed watching the fishermen feeding a seal. The staff where really welcoming and friendly and the food was unbelievable. We took our dogs and the loved it. We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'm so glad Sammy the seal paid you a visit. We really look forward to welcoming you back to The Cary Arms soon.
Saint Just, Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous setting with stunning views. Loved our room with its private little patio. Beds super comfy and lovely touches in the room and bathroom. Fluffy huge towels and some thoughtf extras. Staff were very welcoming and looked after us well despite me having an abscess in my tooth making me generally miserable yhe staff could not have done more to make me comfortable. We will definitely be back now that we've found this relaxed little foodie hotel. Thank you David and Heidi Ramsay Cornwall xx

• Stayed April 2014
CaryArms, General Manager at Cary Arms & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this lovely feedback!
I'm pleased you enjoyed yourself despite the pain, I hope it's better for you now!
We'd love to welcome you back again minus the toothache!
Many thanks
Fliss Crosby
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
The Orestone Manor
#12 of 87 in Torquay
The Osborne Hotel
The Osborne Hotel
#30 of 87 in Torquay

Been to Cary Arms & Spa? Share your experiences!