We have just returned from a great stay at the Cary Arms.
We booked the Fleet Admiral room which has a fantastic balcony. (The lock on the door however was not engaging so had the weather allowed sitting out it would have been a pain. It is being fixed though).
The Sunday sleepover is very good value. In the F. A. room afternoon tea, a glass of fizz, 3 unrestricted courses for dinner and a fantastic breakfast is £240.
This was a ' just because' treat for my husband who felt very spoilt. He is a real ale fan and the hotels website suggests Otter ale plus at least one other is always on. Unfortunately not this weekend. Only one frankly mediocre handpull ale (although draft ciders and larger style beer available).
The food was excellent and I am very fussy. I don't feel the menu is in anyway overpriced and like that the very good Shaldon suppliers are listed.
Hot water bottle turndown a treat also.
So why 4.5?
I'm being picky.
On arrival we were totally blanked by the lady on reception although she was pleasent enough when checking us in.
The faulty lock in the room should have been picked up and fixed along with the colony of ceiling cobwebs.
The shower was rubbish, temperature temperamental and if you try to adjust the height it falls off.
This is picky and only commented on as it is 5 star accommodation. We would not hesitate to stay here again and next time would stay for longer. The service on the whole was very friendly.
Reviews are always subjective but the comments / impressions by a previous regular patron were not shared by us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chic, boutique 5 star inn privately owned and managed by the de Savary family in the unrivalled location of Babbacombe Bay. There are 10 contemporary, New-England style bedrooms and suites with outstanding sea-view, 6 newly launched Beach Huts and 2 Beach Suites plus 3 restored fisherman's cottages for rental.All have excellent sea views with outdoor decks, balconies or gardens. The atmosphere is luxuriously relaxing and friendly. Head Chef, Ben Kingdon and his team serve the very best of creative, English heritage dishes focusing on local, seasonal ingredients in an informal and relaxed setting. Hearty breakfasts, long lunches and lazy suppers indoors or out on the sun-terraces. Sheltering in its own unsung part of the South Devon Coast, the English Riviera, the inn is accessible by water and has its own moorings. A new Spa with indoor pool and hydrotherapy, experience showers, sauna and treatment rooms will supplement the existing treatment room from October 2016. (check for opening dates). Dog and family friendly. The inn is perfect for those looking for a luxurious and private getaway. It will blow the cobwebs away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Cary Arms & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cary Arms Hotel Torquay
- Cary Arms & Spa Torquay, Devon