“Mature couple”

Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated a short walk from Torquay harbour, the stylishHennessy Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge is the perfectsetting to enjoy some of the finest food in Torbay. Enjoy a drinkin the luxurious surroundings of the Cocktail Lounge beforetaking the sweeping staircase towards the 120-seatRestaurant.A new menu is introduced seasonally to reflect the freshestand best produce available sourced from carefully selectedlocal suppliers. From casual dining to special occasions tofunctions we cater for it all, from the smallest budget to theextravagant.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Came upon the restaurant by chance on a very busy Bank Holiday evening so unfortunately we were seated immediately in front of the kitchen & serving area which was very busy & noisey plus there was a large party of very boisterous youngsters which didn't help the atmosphere I'm afraid. We had a problem with the service as the waitress forgot to place our order so we ended up waiting ages & by the time our order came we were ready to leave. After saying this I would like to say that the staff who were extremely busy were very polite & friendly & the food when it finally came was very good it was unfortunate that the whole experience was disappointing. We will possibly try again another time & see what happens.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I had the rump steak it was lovely the triple cooked chips was awesome. I ordered a side of beer battered onion rings which wasn't beer battered at all they was frozen but there only onion rings. Our friend had the fillet steak which he said wasn't great but all rest was good.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me and my Husband had a meal at this restaurant when visiting in September which we thoroughly enjoyed so when booking our 4 night stay in Torquay for my birthday in April the first thing I done was book a table at Hennessy.
Each night of our stay (apart from Monday as they are closed) we went to Hennessy and sat in the cocktail lounge as we enjoy the atmosphere, comfy seating area and friendly staff. And of course the cocktails! Some nights the bar does seem short staffed and the cocktails can take a bit of time but we didn’t let that bother us, they always offer for you to take a seat and they will bring the drinks straight over to you when ready.

On the Tuesday night (My Birthday) we returned with my mum and dad as well and decided to sit in the bar first which they were more than happy with until we said we were ready. Our table was booked for 8.00 but we didn’t go in until about 20 past which was nice as we didn’t feel they were rushing us. This was probably as it was quiet, not sure if they would of been the same on a Saturday night when busy.

I already knew what I was going to have from last time so once again we shared the red onion and garlic pizza bread and I had the fillet Wellington which again was cooked beautifully. I love it! All of our meals were presented lovely and everyone enjoyed all of their meals and sides. I once again couldn’t resist the trio of chocolate dessert which was as tasty and beautifully presented as I remembered it.
The waitress was friendly, making sure everything was o.k with our meal and making sure we always had enough drinks. I don’t agree with some of the other reviews about the staff as everyone we came across was polite, friendly and helpful.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this restaurant and know that when I return to Torquay we will always head to Hennessy!!

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review and your comments on our restaurant.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your birthday meal with us and that our staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. Our fillet Wellington and trio of desserts are the most popular dish on the menu and has had many great reviews so we are thrilled that you loved it too.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Went here in October 2012 in a group of 10 had cocktails in the bar to start then were taken to our table in the downstairs restaurant. Cocktails were amazing, fairly pricey but what do you expect for cocktails. Go for a tall one they're the same price and you get more. Food was delicious, however portions weren't very big for the price of the meal. Service was great, very attentive without being intrusive!

Hope this helps!

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us especially our cocktails.
Our dishes are all locally sourced ingredients and cooked to order which is reflected in our prices although we do try and meet all budgets in our menu.
Thank you again for your review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

A big thank you for the staff at Hennessys once again for super friendly service and atmosphere. Always a joy to pop in for a cocktail or two and their Sunday roast is second to none in the Bay.
The girls behind the bar rock !

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review.
We are pleased that it is always a joy to pop in for a cocktail or two!! and our Sunday Carvery is second to none in the bay. I will pass on your comments of the staff being super friendly as I know they will be thrilled.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.