“Another lovely meal!”

Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated a short walk from Torquay harbour, the stylishHennessy Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge is the perfectsetting to enjoy some of the finest food in Torbay. Enjoy a drinkin the luxurious surroundings of the Cocktail Lounge beforetaking the sweeping staircase towards the 120-seatRestaurant.A new menu is introduced seasonally to reflect the freshestand best produce available sourced from carefully selectedlocal suppliers. From casual dining to special occasions tofunctions we cater for it all, from the smallest budget to theextravagant.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Me and my Husband had a meal at this restaurant when visiting in September which we thoroughly enjoyed so when booking our 4 night stay in Torquay for my birthday in April the first thing I done was book a table at Hennessy.
Each night of our stay (apart from Monday as they are closed) we went to Hennessy and sat in the cocktail lounge as we enjoy the atmosphere, comfy seating area and friendly staff. And of course the cocktails! Some nights the bar does seem short staffed and the cocktails can take a bit of time but we didn’t let that bother us, they always offer for you to take a seat and they will bring the drinks straight over to you when ready.

On the Tuesday night (My Birthday) we returned with my mum and dad as well and decided to sit in the bar first which they were more than happy with until we said we were ready. Our table was booked for 8.00 but we didn’t go in until about 20 past which was nice as we didn’t feel they were rushing us. This was probably as it was quiet, not sure if they would of been the same on a Saturday night when busy.

I already knew what I was going to have from last time so once again we shared the red onion and garlic pizza bread and I had the fillet Wellington which again was cooked beautifully. I love it! All of our meals were presented lovely and everyone enjoyed all of their meals and sides. I once again couldn’t resist the trio of chocolate dessert which was as tasty and beautifully presented as I remembered it.
The waitress was friendly, making sure everything was o.k with our meal and making sure we always had enough drinks. I don’t agree with some of the other reviews about the staff as everyone we came across was polite, friendly and helpful.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this restaurant and know that when I return to Torquay we will always head to Hennessy!!

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review and your comments on our restaurant.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your birthday meal with us and that our staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. Our fillet Wellington and trio of desserts are the most popular dish on the menu and has had many great reviews so we are thrilled that you loved it too.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Went here in October 2012 in a group of 10 had cocktails in the bar to start then were taken to our table in the downstairs restaurant. Cocktails were amazing, fairly pricey but what do you expect for cocktails. Go for a tall one they're the same price and you get more. Food was delicious, however portions weren't very big for the price of the meal. Service was great, very attentive without being intrusive!

Hope this helps!

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for your review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us especially our cocktails.
Our dishes are all locally sourced ingredients and cooked to order which is reflected in our prices although we do try and meet all budgets in our menu.
Thank you again for your review and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

A big thank you for the staff at Hennessys once again for super friendly service and atmosphere. Always a joy to pop in for a cocktail or two and their Sunday roast is second to none in the Bay.
The girls behind the bar rock !

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review.
We are pleased that it is always a joy to pop in for a cocktail or two!! and our Sunday Carvery is second to none in the bay. I will pass on your comments of the staff being super friendly as I know they will be thrilled.
Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went here for a relatives birthday. There was about 30 of us so we had to pre-order our food. The service was great, all food came out at the same time, all piping hot. They were very on the ball, always asking if we needed more drinks or if we had everything we wanted. The cocktails are lovely, I reccommend Tikki Monkey! The food was lovely, can't fault the food or the service! Wasn't anymore pricey than your average restaurant, and was a good price for what you got. Would reccommend!

Thank you for your great review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your evening with us for your relatives birthday and appreciate your feedback on our restaurant.
We all work very hard to meet all requirements and we are over joyed that you would recommend us.
Thank you for your support and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My best friend from years ago and myself met up for few days in Torquay. We walked up Torwood street and noticed how inviting Hennessy looked. It was during the week so was a bit quiet. We went in and straight to the bar and was met with a big smile from a young dark haired lady I think called Lucy. I asked what she recommended as they have cocktails etc and she went thought a lot of the drinks menu but agreed a glass of wine was the order of the day. She asked us to sit down and she would bring the drinks over to us. We both sat in the seats by the window chatting and watching people walk by. We finished our drinks and the lady came over again and asked if everything was fine and did we want another drink. Great service and a proffesonal manor. We ordered more drinks and enjoyed the night. We are both in our 40s and felt welcomed from the start.
When paying we noticed they had a great looking restaurant maybe next time in town might try it out. Thanks for a great night.

Thank you for your great review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed our cocktail lounge and cocktails and the staff were friendly and helpful. We do hope on your next visit that you will be able to try our restaurant as all our dishes are locally sourced ingredients and cooked to order.
Thank you again for your review, it is much appreciated.