“celebrating engagement”

Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated a short walk from Torquay harbour, the stylishHennessy Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge is the perfectsetting to enjoy some of the finest food in Torbay. Enjoy a drinkin the luxurious surroundings of the Cocktail Lounge beforetaking the sweeping staircase towards the 120-seatRestaurant.A new menu is introduced seasonally to reflect the freshestand best produce available sourced from carefully selectedlocal suppliers. From casual dining to special occasions tofunctions we cater for it all, from the smallest budget to theextravagant.
Torquay, United Kingdom
“celebrating engagement”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

had a great time on 23 march. sixteen of us had a lovely meal everyone said the food and service was very good. eaten here a few times has been delicious food every time. thanks to all the staff especially James for helping with my daughters party.

• Visited March 2013
Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review.
We have had great feedback on all our parties and are so pleased that everyone in your group enjoyed your daughters party with us. All the staff have been working very hard to ensure a perfect dining experience with superb food and attentive service.

Teignmouth, England, United Kingdom
“50th Birthday celebrations”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Had a wonderful evening on 16th March with family and friends.
Food was excellent with many comments saying it was the best they had had.
The staff were fantastic, especially James who had been my husbands main contact.
I will definately be coming back even if it's just me and hubby. Thank you Kathy and all your staff once again for a great evening that I shall remember for many years to come.

• Visited March 2013
Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review.
We are thrilled that you and your family and friends enjoyed your birthday celebration with us and will be a night to remember. All the staff have been working very hard to ensure a perfect dining experience with superb food and attentive service. I will print your review and pin it to the staff's notice board as I know it will be much appreciated.
Torquay, United Kingdom
“valentines after thought night”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Hi I must say that because I had to cancel my Valentines meal with my Partner on Valentines night at another restaurant in Torquay, Hennessy was more then pleased for the following night to accommodate me and my partner it was a great56 night and my partner even got a rose well done Hennessy good food good value for money used my discount card even more discount winner all round
cheers
Steve Todd

• Visited February 2013
Thank you for your lovely review.
We are all delighted that you enjoyed your Valentines meal with us and appreciate your comments on our food and service.
Hennessy and staff work very hard to meet all requirements and to serve the best dishes with locally sourced ingredients.
We hope to see you again soon.
london
“A must visit..”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Delicious Delicious Delicious!!
Food was gorgeous and very well portioned..
Cocktails very well priced and the cocktails waitress was lovely and very happy to create me a cocktail when they didnt have what i wanted on the menu.
We had the starter of bread and olives and it was yummy, bread still warm
I had the west country chicken and was so disappointed that i was too full to finish it all
my gf had the duck and from the noises she was making she definitely enjoyed it lol
meat practically fell of the bone.
We shared a trio of small desserts which were gorgeous and jus right after a heavy meal but you still fancy something sweet.
All for a very reasonable £60

Can either choose to sit upstairs and just have cocktails or the main restaurant is just below.
Lovely atmosphere and definitely worth a visit or 3 while your in torquay.

• Visited February 2013
Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your fabulous review.
We are so pleased that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your evening with us and appreciate your feedback on our restaurant.
We all work very hard to meet all requirements and we are over joyed that you thought our food was delicious and the staff were very helpful.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Lovely berry crumble!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I saw Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge listed on the Gourmet Society website and thought we'd take advantage of the discount on our last evening in Torquay.

The restaurant was quite quiet when we arrived but there was a large party booked in for later that evening, so we decided to skip the starter as we didn't want to eat next to a very large group.

The food was okay - the triple cooked chips were nice but not quite evenly cooked. My lamb was a little bit over cooked, and the steak hadn't been rested prior to being plated. But everything tasted nice, was well presented and the portions were a good size. The berry crumble for dessert was lovely!

As Hennessy is a cocktail lounge, I tried one of their cocktails - very nice and reasonably priced.

The service was very good throughout the evening - friendly and well paced.

If I decided to go back in the future, I would find out if any large parties had been booked as that would likely impact on my dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us especially the berry crumble and that the staff were friendly. I am sorry the food was not cooked to our usual high standard, I will speak to the chef's concerning your comments.
We hope to see you again soon.