“A must visit..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge - CLOSED

Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Situated a short walk from Torquay harbour, the stylishHennessy Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge is the perfectsetting to enjoy some of the finest food in Torbay. Enjoy a drinkin the luxurious surroundings of the Cocktail Lounge beforetaking the sweeping staircase towards the 120-seatRestaurant.A new menu is introduced seasonally to reflect the freshestand best produce available sourced from carefully selectedlocal suppliers. From casual dining to special occasions tofunctions we cater for it all, from the smallest budget to theextravagant.
london
“A must visit..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Delicious Delicious Delicious!!
Food was gorgeous and very well portioned..
Cocktails very well priced and the cocktails waitress was lovely and very happy to create me a cocktail when they didnt have what i wanted on the menu.
We had the starter of bread and olives and it was yummy, bread still warm
I had the west country chicken and was so disappointed that i was too full to finish it all
my gf had the duck and from the noises she was making she definitely enjoyed it lol
meat practically fell of the bone.
We shared a trio of small desserts which were gorgeous and jus right after a heavy meal but you still fancy something sweet.
All for a very reasonable £60

Can either choose to sit upstairs and just have cocktails or the main restaurant is just below.
Lovely atmosphere and definitely worth a visit or 3 while your in torquay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Thank you for your fabulous review.
We are so pleased that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your evening with us and appreciate your feedback on our restaurant.
We all work very hard to meet all requirements and we are over joyed that you thought our food was delicious and the staff were very helpful.
Thank you for your support and hope to see you again soon.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Lovely berry crumble!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I saw Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge listed on the Gourmet Society website and thought we'd take advantage of the discount on our last evening in Torquay.

The restaurant was quite quiet when we arrived but there was a large party booked in for later that evening, so we decided to skip the starter as we didn't want to eat next to a very large group.

The food was okay - the triple cooked chips were nice but not quite evenly cooked. My lamb was a little bit over cooked, and the steak hadn't been rested prior to being plated. But everything tasted nice, was well presented and the portions were a good size. The berry crumble for dessert was lovely!

As Hennessy is a cocktail lounge, I tried one of their cocktails - very nice and reasonably priced.

The service was very good throughout the evening - friendly and well paced.

If I decided to go back in the future, I would find out if any large parties had been booked as that would likely impact on my dining experience.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your review.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us especially the berry crumble and that the staff were friendly. I am sorry the food was not cooked to our usual high standard, I will speak to the chef's concerning your comments.
We hope to see you again soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you have any reason to visit Torquay whether Winter or Summer this is a superb venue. Food Fantastic, Service superb. Cocktails to relish. I even booked my New Year's evening and I live in Portsmouth!! I can't rate it enough. If I win the Lottery I would live near. I have been to many restaurants and paid far more than what they charge. I seriously cannot rate it enough. We came across it acccidently and have been lots of times. My husband even went on his own when he was looking for a business in Torquay.I haven't tried the Sunday Lunch yet!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your fabulous review.
We are so pleased that you enjoy our food, cocktails and service on your visits and appreciate your feedback on our restaurant. I will pass your comments on to the chefs and staff as I know they will be over the moon.
We all work very hard to meet all requirements and we are overjoyed that you love our restaurant. Thank you for your continued support and look forward to seeing you again soon.
johnny7792
“Great dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Ate here on 9/02/2013 had a fabulous meal.Service was spot on and the food was excellent.We have dined here on quite a few occasions and it never disappoints.I would recommend Hennesy's to anyone who likes fine dining. A great place to eat in the bay ,many thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your excellent review. It is very much appreciated.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us. All our products are locally sourced using only the best suppliers and the very best produce. Hennessy and staff work very hard on serving high quality local food, freshly cooked to a high standard and ensuring great customer service.
Thank you for your continued support and hope to see you again soon.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“A light lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We hadn't booked and the restaurant was busy but we were greeted in a very friendly way and a table was found. Although the lunchtime period was carvery we only wanted a light lunch and asked if we could have just starters. No problem at all. The starter choice was so lovely that we ended up having one starter followed by a second and spent 2 hours in there. Fabulous.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your fabulous review. It is very much appreciated.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant, food and service and we hope to see you again soon.