“The best roast beef”

Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated a short walk from Torquay harbour, the stylishHennessy Restaurant & Cocktail Lounge is the perfectsetting to enjoy some of the finest food in Torbay. Enjoy a drinkin the luxurious surroundings of the Cocktail Lounge beforetaking the sweeping staircase towards the 120-seatRestaurant.A new menu is introduced seasonally to reflect the freshestand best produce available sourced from carefully selectedlocal suppliers. From casual dining to special occasions tofunctions we cater for it all, from the smallest budget to theextravagant.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This place does the best roast beef on a sunday. Great place for a good quaility dinner and drinks. Good selection of cocktails. Staff very accomidating and the themeed nights are always fun.

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is very much appreciated.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your Sunday carvery with us and that you have fun on our themed evenings. Hennessy and staff do work very hard on serving high quality local food and customer service.
Thank you for your continued support and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Went to Hennessy's for dinner with my partner. The waiter was fantastic and very informative. Everything is freshley prepared and well worth the wait. I has the Vegetarian Wellington and my partner the Beef Wellington. They were both very nice and the trio chocolate dessert was to die for. It's nice that the price of the main meal includes a side dish as well.

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review.
We are so pleased you and your partner enjoyed your evening with us.
The Wellingtons and the trio of chocolate are always a hit with everyone and there probably would be an uproar if we ever removed them from our menu!
Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We booked a large party to celebrate my son's graduation and couldn't have been more pleased! The atmosphere is so warm and welcoming partly because of the professional, friendly staff and partly because the decor is so elegant and upmarket. The menu is superb and well worth the prices; there are other restaurants where I've paid twice as much for far less quality and choice. Despite our big table, we were all served at the same time with delicious hot dishes by very attentive waiters. I can't recommend Hennessy's restaurant highly enough...thank you!

Thank you for your fantastic review.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your son's graduation meal and had a wonderful evening with us. Hennessy and staff do work very hard on serving high quality local food and customer service therefore your review is very much appreciated.
Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We visited Hennessy for a family meal on a very quiet Tuesday evening. We advised the restaurant that we were running late and they told us not to worry. Had a wonderful greeting from Meg when we arrived who was so attentive throughout the whole evening. She obviously enjoys her job and it showed! Nothing was too much trouble.

The food was excellent. well cooked and well presented. I had Deep Fried Brie followed by Lamb and Trio of Chocolate. A truly amazing mixture of flavours and textures. I didn't want the meal to end it was that good!!! The chef is to be congratulated on such a varied but sensible menu variety.

The experience was so good that we have booked a table for Christmas dinner. All in all we can't wait to return. It certainly is on the top rung of restaurants in Torquay and is a must when booking a special meal. Thank you so, so much for a really memorable experience.

Thank you for your fabulous review.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed our food on your visit and appreciate your feedback on our restaurant. I will pass your comments on to the chefs and Meg as I know they will be over the moon.
We all work very hard to meet all requirements and we are overjoyed that you love our restaurant. Thank you for your support and look forward to seeing you again at Christmas.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I recently planned a surprise birthday dinner for my boyfriend at Hennessy restaurant and I cant fault the establishment, the food or the service.
I was emailing the restaurant reguarly before the night and was able to have everything that I wanted for the meal / party.
On the night the waitress took me and my boyfriend to the private function room (which was closed off by huge drapes) and he was so surprised to see so many of his friends there. The room accomodated 22 people but I think it could squeeze in a few more.
The food was exceptional, there was not one compaint for anyone in the part (and it was a large group) and although the cocktails were expensive they were also very yummy.
The waitresses were a bit moody but I think that was because they were short staffed and very busy with a lot of large parties that night, anyway it didnt spoil anything and we got table service for everything that we required - even the drinks that were paid for at the bar.
We will be going back to Henessy for dinner and drinks again ............... but maybe on our own next time - as its less stressful to organise! :)

Kathy3110, Owner at Hennessy Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your fantastic review on our food and service.
We are so pleased your evening with us was a success for your boyfriends surprise birthday dinner and that everything went as planned.
Concerning the waitresses being a bit moody, we were very busy that night but there is no excuse for not having a pleasant smile so I will speak to all the staff.
Thank you again for your review. Look forward to seeing you again soon.