“mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!”

Himalaya Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Nepali, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
torquay
“mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

best eastern in the west country! varied menu. food fabulous. service friendly and professional. eat in/takeaway/delivery.

Visited May 2013
himalayatorquay, Owner at Himalaya Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for your review , we value your feed back and custom.
Hope to see you again soon.

• Korean first
Torquay, United Kingdom
“best indian food ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have used this restaurant for about 10 times now and I can say they never let me down, i am a vegetarian so plenty of delicious food if you dont eat meat. not teribile expensive and very friendly and helpful staff. definitely recommend this restaurant, tell ya you will be impressed.

• Visited March 2013
Thank you vary much for your feed back ,
we value your custom and hope to see you again soon
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Chicken In My VEGETARIAN Meal!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

We ordered a VEGETARIAN Vegetable Jalfrezi along with other things. We collected our order; we got home & dished up, only to find my vegetarian dish has small pieces of chicken in it..... I had poured my dish over my rice & chips & therefore my meal was ruined. I called to complain & I was eventually offered a replacement Jalfrezi, but they were not willing to replace my chips or rice, which had also been covered in the chicken Jalfrezi! By this time my partner’s meal had also gone cold. We decided to take our food back to Himalaya for a refund & to complain in person rather than over the phone.

When we got there the manager came to the bar area to attend to us, the food was taken from us & back into the kitchen. We explained that we didn’t want a replacement & would like our money back; she apologised & said it was a different chef working & it was a mistake. I then asked if this could have happened before without me knowing (as we have eaten here previously) & she turned her back & started to serve another customer, our refund was thrown at us by the waiter & then we left.

I would not recommend the Himalaya, especially to a vegetarian! The customer service where a complaint is concerned is disgraceful. Also you never know what meat or whatever else can be sneaking into your meal BEWARE!!!!!!!

• Visited April 2013
himalayatorquay, Owner at Himalaya Restaurant, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
The chef who was covering that night did look at your order at the end of the night and it did not say veg curry sauce, So it was the staff who took your order who got it wrong he said he just thought you wanted extra sauce.. We did offer you a another curry and rice that your asked for. and your money back. You did say you have had meals from us before and it was ok.
We are very sorry for this genuine mistake. And hope you give us a chance to make it up to you.
Devon
“Great for eat-in and takeaways”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

The takeaways/deliveries are lovely but eating in is definitely better.

We have eaten in twice now and both times have been extremely well looked after by the staff. The food is lovely. My favourite starter is the Momos (I have had this every time, even for delivery). They are like delicious little spicy lamb pasties!

There is a huge selection of food - both Indian and Nepalese, so it's best to go in a group so that you try everything.

We will definitely be back!

• Visited April 2013
Thank youy for your feed back we value your coustom and hope to see you soon.
“Takeaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely awesome food, great range, food is always top quality, really tasty and always hot (temp).

Have been in to eat a few times as its just down the road and the only complaint would be how long it takes to get served but this is more an indication of how busy it is and how disorganised we are by not booking.

Fabulous curry house and rivals Miah's (now Curry Ocean) for the best curry house in Torquay whether eating in or taking away ...

Price is very very reasonable too ....

Visited April 2013
1 Thank tisgroup
himalayatorquay, Owner at Himalaya Restaurant, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your review, we value your feed back and hope to see you again.