“brilliant hotel and food”
Review of TLH Derwent Hotel

TLH Derwent Hotel
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed August 27, 2010

all i can say is about the derwent is bloody brillant , the hotel on arrival was second to none the staff were excellent and the food really out of this world with waiteress service to match , the swimming pool was brilliant my only down point about the swimming pool was no lane for swimmers as i like to swim and i kept stopping for kids bumping into me no fault of there own mind you they have to have fun aswell , the entertainment staff were brillant catering for the kids as adults a like well done derwent hotel youv'e made me wanna come back next year thankyou very much

• Stayed: August 2010
Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed August 27, 2010

I stayed here with my partner and 3 children, and even though the weather was awful, there was always something to do in the hotel. The Derwent and its sister hotels go to a lot of trouble to make sure that guests are made welcome and have an enjoyable holiday experience. The good quality food and the brilliant swimming pools also rate highly.

1  Thank SallyBristol
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Me and my daughter love this hotel we have stayed here 6or7 times over the last 7or 8 years the facilities are first class for children and adults alike whether you are stopping at the Derwent or her sister hotels there is loads to do for the kids whatever the weather and the food and entertainment are first class the staff entertainment night is especially good. The only downside was the room we had was a standard room which while the cleanliness was spot on by the cleaning staff the room itself that we stayed in looked a bit tired and could have done with a bit of a makeover but i would certainly go back to the Derwent and i no my daughter would.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank GAZ48
Reviewed August 24, 2010

My fourth stay at TLH , usually stay at The Victoria and found The Derwent to be comparable excellent value and service. The food is wonderful and the facilities and the peace of mind offered for families with teens is second to none. Teens stay in their own room for £25 per night dinner , bed and breakfast and both of our teens could eat for England!! The only minor downside is that some area's are slightly shabby and jaded but it really does not matter in the scheme of things.The important things count , like good value for money, great entertainment , all weather facilities and the most friendly and helpful staff. I am definitely going back!

1  Thank Jackie187056
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My husband was on business and I was there to keep him company at night. We were here for, five day and four nights, first the rooms I was dreading it due to the poor reviews I have stayed all over the world and the UK but apart from the green bath toilet and basin this was fine the shower was wonderful "power shower"(we travelled to Bristol after this and stayed in the four star The Grand Thistle the shower was better in*** The Derwent**** ) The bed was clean and firm I had a better sleep here than in my own bed LOL Yes things do need to be up dated BUT I have stayed in worse for more money and walked out. we used the Albert and Aztec after a few problems on two occasions with refusing to serve us time advertised last food orders taken 9.45 we were there 9.30 and 9.35 after complaining the Hotel Duty Manager we were served and we were given an apology by the restaurant manager who was off duty on the two nights and my hubby used the gym and we both used the pools Fab!!!!! The staff were brill but the breakfast staff could do with some English lessons and table training a lot of there time was spent talking to each other and standing looking into thin air every morning I had to ask for my plate all in all we would use the hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank true-to-you
Reviewed August 17, 2010

We had a great time at the Derwent Hotel, the resort has plenty of activities. The indoor pool was a hit, breakfast was really nice in very plesent surroundings.
Will try & come back next year.

1  Thank mandychats
Reviewed August 17, 2010

hotel needs a good spruce up decorating wise otherewise it was a pleasent stay staff were freindly typical seaside hotel

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends