“Great time at The Carlton Hotel”
Review of TLH Carlton Hotel

and 1 more site!
TLH Carlton Hotel
Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Gloucester
“Great time at The Carlton Hotel”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We would like to thank everyone at The Carlton Hotel for making our stay so enjoyable, we had a lovely time & everyone was so friendly. Kind Regards Jill & Mike

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JillMaton
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2011
Many thanks Jill and Mike for your kind comments. I will ensure the team read them.

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Carlton hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed as a couple but in a group for a soul music weekend. We were allocated a family room for the two of us which was spacious, modern and clean, just one problem we were sited over two large generators and as I am partially deaf the droning noise is within my hearing range so I could not zone it out and sleep properly as the noise vibrated the room too it seemed to me. My partner who can sleep through anything :-)) was ok but he could also hear it constantly. We asked to be moved after my first restless night but although the receptionist was very helpful as were all the staff in our interactions with them and she looked up what was causing the noise (kichen and air conditioning generators) we could not be moved as the hotel complex was full that weekend, so we stayed and got used to it. No more grumbles though and the meals were excellent and the service good too,The complex had many excellent facilities that we did not make use of but probably will in future visits, if weather not nice enough to go travelling around. I have stayed at the Derwent previously and would say wherever you stayed on the complex you will have the wonderful time that we did, we have booked again for next year!

Room Tip: Avoid generator sound in room 104
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay apart from the generator noise.

I have asked my maintenance team to look into this to check that there is not a fault. Although a small amount of noise maybe heard it should not be too loud to disturb you. I apologise if this disrupted your stay.

When you next book with us, please contact me at the hotel I will ensure that you are allocated a room away from this area, I will also include a complimentary upgrade to a Rivera Sea View Room in lieu of the fact we were unable to move you n this occasion.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again.
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2011

We all enjoyed the stay very much, so much that we intend returning, All my family were there because our eldest son is going to Afganistan the first week in June and it is his 50th birthday after arriving.
We found all the staff were excellent, the food was 1st class and the rooms were lovely.
I also had a disabled buggy from Paul in Paignton, I would recommend him to anyone.
We are hoping to return later in the year.
PLEASE SEND A BROCHURE BECAUSE WE HAVE FRIENDS INTERESTED

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to read we made a special occasion even more special for you and your family.

We send brochures to all our previous guests, but also keep checking our brand new website for up to date offers and breaks.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again.
Reviewed May 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights starting the 1st May.
I had read the mixed reviews, & was very pleasantly surprised when we arrived.
The hotel was lovely, and very welcoming. Parking was busy, so they gave us a sign to book a parking space, as one of our party was disabled.
The swimming pool & spa were lovely, the online pictures don't do them justice.
Food was excellent, & the breakfasts were plentiful, and you could have as much as you wanted.
The rooms were very nice, and very clean.
My only negative comment would be that a lot of the information boards were out of date.
I am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed May 2011
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to read you had a great stay and enjoyed the hotel and facilities we offer.

We are currently building a new website which is due to go live shortly which will have more pictures and videos of the hotel, pool and spa to do it the justice it deserves.

I have also noted your comments about out of date information and will follow this up.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Stourbridge
Reviewed May 3, 2011

We arrived on Friday 15th April for a 3 night stay. My husband myself & 2 daughters 12 & 9 years. My husband & myself used the gym & spa which was excellent on every visit. We used the pool sauna & steam as a family this was also great fun. The hotel staff were all helpful & polite. Restaurant & bars were great. The food was excellent good quality & enough choice for adults & kids. The hotel room itself was good there were enough little extras to be comfortable. The hotel stairway case was dated. We didn't get too involved with the entertainement as we had enought going on with our own intinery. Overall we had an excellent stay well worth what we had paid.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Room temperature ok but have to close window at night because of pigeons noise outside window! So too hot .
Service in restaurant bit slow ie tea and toast at breakfast and drinks at dinner, but apart from that ok.

• Stayed May 2011
Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback. I have noted your comments on the air conditioning.

I apologise if you had slower service than you would expect with your tea and toast. I will ensure my Restaurant Manager reads your comments.
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Our second trip to this hotel and just as good as last year. Good food, good service and very comfortable accomodation. Evening entertainment was good and very varied. Superb facilities in all wether conditions with a very fine spa area if the days are poor weather wise, Nothing is too much trouble in this hotel and staff are always on hand if needed. Hope to return again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Carlton Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Many thanks for your review about your recent stay at the Carlton hotel and Spa.

We put a lot of time into training our staff and developing their customer service and it is great to read such positive comments about how the Carlton Team looked after you so well.

We look forward to welcoming you for your third trip very soon.