“Very good, friendly hotel”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
N Ireland
“Very good, friendly hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Enjoyed our stay in this friendly hotel which is on the outskirts of Torquay. We stayed in a bleak period in January. The management had left a little note advising that the heating had been turned up due to the sever cold weather condition which was very nice. We walked along the front into Town which was very pleasant. We didn't eat in the hotel but food looked good and it was extremely busy with people who were not staying at the hotel. Would visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here yesterday and the night before. From arrival to departure the service was brilliant, the staff friendly, the food lovely, and the room was huge. We had a family room with a sea view, clean and comfortable.Arrived back late last night after my son's wedding with my grand-daughter in tow who was meant to be staying at her aunts, the night staff organised a travel cot and spare bedding. My 7 yr old cried this morning because he didn't want to come home. the staff even asked how the wedding went and were happy to chat to us about it. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Stayed in 618, corner family room with a sea view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Presteigne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We booked a night at Weston Super - Mare East On our way to Torquay, the staff were so helpful and friendly, we had our breakfast, then cleaners were around at 11:30 so my wife and I decided to leave at 12:00 and drive to Torquay, on Friday 28th December 2012.
We arrived at 13:30 I pushed my wheelchair bound wife into the reception area, and asked if we could book in. The receptionist stated that the check in is at 14:00 and spoke to me as if I was something nasty she had trodden in. As this was 30 mins away, I asked if she could check whether our room was ready, she stated, as it is not 14:00 the room won't be ready and said we would have to come back.
I stay at Premier Inns quite often as they have good disabled rooms but this is the worst check in I have ever experienced. I had to take my wheelchair bound wife out in the rain storm back to the car and then drove to a local McDonalds, and came back later. I feel this was a disgusting way to treat us.
Our disabled room No 9 if I remember looked out onto a metal scrap yard of old metal fencing, the hallway had no light so was very dark. Apart from the check in and the view I did enjoy the stay, and will go back but will ask for a better room.

I have managed to check in at Christchurch East at 12:00, also Weymouth Seafront at 12:00.

Room Tip: If booking a disabled room ask about the view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave H
Retford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

a great premier inn in good location staff excellent will definitely return,went by train very close to the station . if you want a cheap meal wetherspoons about 15 min walk. or catch number 12 bus into town bus stop across road

Room Tip: very good and great location ask for the new build part of the hotel
1 Thank cuddles60
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Lovely short mid week break. Easily accessible and well situated. Staff really helpful and knowledgeable about area. A good time despite very bad weather, including snow and blizzards. Felt warm, safe and comfortable. The hotel felt huge but staff very personal.

• Stayed January 2013
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice position of the Hotel and a good stay with sunshine when the rest of UK had snow.
Room 107 was suffering from traffic noise and the heating broke down but was transfered to new block room 212 which was OK but looked out to the back car park and overlooked from other hotels

Room Tip: Room 107 suffers from traffic noise
3 Thank pins-parasols
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here with my wife between 17th and 23rd Jan 2013.The room was largish and well presented with everything you would expect, and a sea view too. Because the weather was cold I was worried that the air-conditioning would not be effective. It was fine when it was on, but there was a problem which the manager pro-actively informed us of before we even knew it. The result was we were provided with a heater, and the following day had to move to another room in the new annexe. These are more modern rooms, but the sea view isn't as good as the ones in the original building.

Unfortunately my wife became ill during the stay, so we could have done without the disruption. However all the staff were very helpful in finding a doctor's and booking a taxi and bringing some food up to our room.

The hotel is very handy for the station, town and beach and the amazing No 12 bus which is very frequent and will whisk you off to Paignton and Brixham. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Annexe rooms are more modern, older rooms have better views
1 Thank MrDeltic