“family friendly?!!”

Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
Ranked #17 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I recently booked a room for this hotel over the phone after trying to contact the hotel on many occasions, I was put through to a premier inn booking line. I had tried to book online but it would only let me add 2 children to my booking, the lady on the phone was polite (on reflection obviously had no knowledge about any hotels she was booking people into unfortunately) and made my booking and i was told to contact the hotel to ammend guests to 3 children. After another 2 days of trying to contact the hotel someone finally answered, i was then informed that this premier inn only allows 2 children per room. As my children are 8, 4 and 7months i do not feel happy with having them in 2 rooms and being separate from my partner, this was after all supposed to be a family break (and i feel this would be a complete nightmare for single parents) I think it is shocking that Premier inn advertise themselves as family friendly!! My booking has now had to be cancelled, although im sure thay would of happily left me misinformed of its small family only policy till we had arrived!! Advice for anyone going to Torquay.... spend the extra few pennies and book at The Grand Hotel, its definately worth it, they will welcome you and your children even if its more than 2!!! Shame on you Premier Inn...Family friendly??!!!! obviously not!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sally841
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service in a relaxed and comfortable environment, I sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Customer Service Team at our Head Office. Thank you

Reviewed February 17, 2012

£58.00 per night was too expensive for the room we had, the breakfast was too expensive - £7.99 all you can eat, or £4.95 for tea and croissant. Otherwise it was OK - clean and reasonably comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for what you want - I thought I had booked a twin bedded room, but ended up with a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Torquay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

This Premier Inn is in a fantastic and convenient location, just off the seafront and a 15 minute walk into Torquay. Guests receive a car park pass, so if you're staying in Torquay for the day, you don't need to worry about parkings fees.
It is easy to get to and from and suffers no traffic noise, whilst being in a picturesque spot (Premier Inn did very well in securing this property!)
The Beafeater restaurant is very good, as is the breakfast choice.
Rooms were spotlessly clean and fresh, with very good facilities, even down to now having a decent sized kettle for that first-thing cup of tea/coffee!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 600 range; second floor and you may even get a sea view.
Reviewed February 15, 2012

As a regular visitor to a lot of hotels, I can safely say this hotel in consistantly good, a great location, warm welcome by friendly staff, excellent choice for breakfast and another friendly welcome by the waitress. Although this was a business trip I will be bringing the family for a weekend in the summer.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We had a good clean room and bathroom the shower was good and easy to control the only set back was the location of the room we just had a view of a car park.
The Breakfast was greats plenty of every thing to start the day.
The car park can be a problem they are short of space but there is an over spill car park that would need to be paid for.

Room Tip: ask for one that faces south
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken A
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We arrived here after having spent a night in the Premier Inn at Bournemouth Central with a great sea view. The room we were issued here in Torquay was somewhat uninspired, but after havving checked in, I spoke to the desk staff who were so friendly and the young lady who was new on the desk was so professional. It was my honeymoon - and I asked if they had any rooms with a view available - as we were booked in for a couple of nights. They immediately switched us, to a much bigger room with a fabulous seaview. The rooms were all fantastically maintained, clean, comfortable and the usual prem standard. Free parking too!
We had the full monty breakfast each day, which was great! Brilliant selection and quick easy going service. We ate there one night also at the Beefeater - which was lovely and affordable.
Just across the street from the promenade, with a walk down to the pier and Princess Theatre. Easy access from the main road, loads of strolling available.

Room Tip: I asked for a change to a seaview - as this was my honeymoon break I assume that as we were there b...
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised how good it was, room was spotlessly clean and very spacious. the bed itself was very comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep.All the staff were friendly and helpful and professional.The breakfast was consistenly good with food hot and fresh with a good choice every morning. If i had one little niggle it would be the food in the beefeater restaurant, my salmon was also burnt but that is something that can easily be resolved. All in all we had a very good stay and i wouldnt hesitate to return and would reccommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Try for a sea view its well worth it.