Premier Inn Torquay Hotel
$402
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
2,201 results
All reviewsbeefeater restaurantcar parksea frontsea viewpay and displayair conmain buildingfamily roomexcellent locationparking spacereception stafflarge roomtown centrestayed here for nightsgood nights sleepshort breakexcellent stay
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We have stayed at this Premier Inn many times, it is consistently comfortable and clean, and we have always found the staff to be incredibly friendly and helpful. We have got to know several of them very well over the last couple of years and it is a delight to be greeted by name. Whilst this hotel was undergoing the building of an extension it had a problem with the car parking, but now the extension is complete, the car parking is a nightmare! There are insufficient spaces even when the hotel is only two thirds full. We had to park at the council car park up the hill at all times during our last stay. In fact it seemed that if a guest managed to secure an onsite car space then they left the car there all the time (which I can quite understand). I know that you can drop off guests and luggage at the entrance to the hotel, but the fact is that the council car park is not secure, there is no cctv - despite the receptionists confirmation that there was, and it is a pay and display. The very least that Premier Inn should do is reimburse in full all parking charges incurred during your stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank MidlandsCas
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I spent last weekend here as a pre-Christmas break and was very impressed from the moment I walked into reception.

My room was just above the main entrance but that was no problem as the double glazing is very good plus I was able to see my car.

Independent heating, good TV, very comfortable bed, good ensuite and although not the largest of rooms more than suitable for one person.

The staff in the restaurant were friendly, efficient and helpful, the choice of dishes could do with a slight increase but the meals I had were of good quality and well presented.

I took advantage of the £29 a night deal and the £7.99 breakfast buffet, the supply of items at breakfast was good, hot and plentiful but then again I'm an early riser so it was not that busy.

All in all I had a great time and at £36 per night it was very good value but I would not consider staying at the full room rate as there are better deals else where.

The only slight let downs were:

The room wasn't hoovered properly nor was the toilet paper replenished.

The fixed shower head was incovenient as I'm quite tall and had to step away from it towards the back of the bath where there was no non-slip surface.

No list of TV channels available so it was surf them till something was found worth watching.

Chargeable WiFi which although was very good coverage in the room is free in smaller hotels in the Torquay area.

I will be back if the same deal comes up again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights at the beginning of December. We had a large room in the main hotel which was clean, with a big bathroom.It also had as sea view at no extra cost. We only paid £29 per night,which is excellent value and cheaper than most of the BB'S in the area.The location is great with the hotel being just opposite the beach and a short walk into town.I found the staff helpfull and friendly. We enjoyed one meal in the restaurant which was very busy when we were there but the staff seemed to cope very well.The food was good and the steak was cooked just to our liking.All in all we had a good 3 nights stay and will return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Can only recommend this hotel it has a marvellous situation, very good food and caring efficient staff.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel direct before you travel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We stayed end of november for 3 nights, our room was spacious and very clean as was the bathroom. We booked well in advance and requested a sea view, I was phoned a week before our break and was told we would have to pay an extra £10 per night for the sea view. I was not very impressed with this as I had already paid for the room when I booked. The breakfast bar needs reorganising, customers were going backwards and forwards to different places to grill their toast, make tea, get cereals, learn how the coffee machine works... etc, etc, etc.. the cooked breakfasts were warm, but you then chose what you wanted and put your food onto stone cold plates. There are no trays which means you have to make several trips from the breakfast bar to your table, needless to say the food was barely warm by the time you adventually got settled. Having said all this I was so impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and it's spacious rooms it would still be my first choice of hotel as you can go elsewhere for breakfast. The evening meals were quite good, staff very attentive.
(CULVER)