“Lovely Italian restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amici

Amici
Ranked #17 of 332 Restaurants in Torquay
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Come and join us at the newest Italian Restaurant in Torquay. Idealy located by the harour. We offer great Italian food within a fantastic atmosphere
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Lovely Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

While staying in Torquay, we also ate at the Amici, as it was very close to our hotel. After a little wait at the bar (we had no reservation) we received a nice table . Even though the restaurant was very busy that night, we didn't have to wait exceedingly long. All in all the food was very good and the staff very friendly.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

recommended by my nephew and was not disappointed.
really excellent food and service. I would recommend this place to any body that likes Italian food cooked properly

Visited April 2014
Poole, United Kingdom
“Super”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Excellent meals, enjoyed by all of us (4) No starters this time, but the pasta was excellent and the desserts finished the meal nicely. It was a shame we were only passing through Torquay because the discount voucher given at the end of our meal was only valid for one month and we are unlikely to return by then. The staff were friendly and efficient. Well worth a visit.

Uk
“Fantastic - will definitely go again when in Torquay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

After two days away with two fussy toddlers who hardly ate anything this place was a 'parents dream' - the staff were friendly and very welcoming to the children. I ordered spaghetti bolognaise for the fussy ones with little hope of them eating - they absolutely loved it and both ate a proper meal followed by ice cream.
Along with this - which as any parent of a fussy eater will appreciate was enough on its own to warrant a good score - the three adult meals were fabulous too, to the extent that my partner claimed it was the best salmon he had eaten! High praise indeed considering he's a real 'foodie' and leans towards mitchelin starred places by choice.
So in summary - lovely, family friendly staff, good service, nice atmosphere, exceptional food especially with very good prices for level of quality, good wine recommendations . . .
. . . can't think of any negatives.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Pleasant food, incompetent staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I visited Amici in February with my family and the in-laws, the food was pleasant but I would not visit there again due to an extremely embarrassing mistake made by the staff.
When we had finished our food and drinks I asked for the bill, I thought it was very expensive but paid it nether the less. We left the restaurant and as we approached the main road a waitress ran after us and asked me to return to the establishment as our bill had not been paid. I returned and showed the bar staff my receipt, at which point they informed me I had paid the bill for a different table which was almost twice the price of the bill for my table!! I was reimbursed for the difference between the two bills however the damage had been done! Many of the other diners in the restaurant were looking at me with disgust as though I had tried to leave without paying my bill and I dread to think what my in-laws thought!! It was a thoroughly unpleasant experience and I was embarrassed and made to look deceitful in front of my family and in-laws. It was an experience I will remember - however for all the wrong reasons!

Visited February 2014