“Excellent Food.”

Amici
Ranked #19 of 353 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come and join us at the newest Italian Restaurant in Torquay. Ideally located by the harbour. We offer great Italian food within a fantastic atmosphere
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We turned up and they were fully booked. We had to go away and come back later, so I recommend you book if possible. The food was very good, of a very high quality, definitely worth the wait. The food was good value, and we were given a discount card for here and sister restaurant "Biancos". The staff were friendly, the manager (owner?) seemed stressed but was still professional. I do however think drinks were overpriced. I would return if I return to Torquay.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,620)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The food is ok. My wife and I ordered pizza each - they were fine. The service was ok but nothing to get excited about. The reason we won't be going back is the price of wine - extortionate! £20 for a bottle of average Pinot is ridiculous.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

After a pretty frosty welcome by a waitress not knowing if the Chef was still prepared to cook, things greatly improved. The short walk from the Harbour area up the slope towards Babbacombe is well worth the effort - You will find some of the better eating houses in the town situated on this stretch and amongst them is the very clean and fresh looking Amici. You can look forward to basic, but really good quality Italian Fayre. I enjoyed an excellent soup on a cold Novembers night and a very hearty Lasagne. My friends enjoyed what they ate and we all said we would be happy to return. Full marks for cleanliness ( how nice is that to see) and to the waitress who once over the earlier confusion redeemed herself and was actually enjoying her job .... again how nice to see. We will be back

1  Thank foodlover079
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We arrived early for our reservation but were allowed to wait at the bar. The service was quick- we only waited about 15 minutes for it all to arrive, hot, fresh and delicious. The place was busy, maybe a little loud but as expected for a Saturday evening. The staff were clearly busy, but very friendly and attentive. We will definitely be going back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good service from beginning to end. Fantastic value, and large portions. Really nice atmosphere, probably made by the smiling and attentive staff - it seemed popular with the locals too. This will be a regular fixture for me in future Torquay visits.