“Casino Kings from Wales!”
Review of Beverly Lodge

Beverly Lodge
Ranked #94 of 148 Torquay B&B and Inns
“Casino Kings from Wales!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Just a quick message to thank you for such a fabulous warm welcome, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Torquay but the icing on the cake was defiantly meeting Keith & Rose, they are such lovely down to earth people whom provided a lovely spacious clean room with proper Tea & Coffee making facilities too! The breakfast was superb, hot & plentiful. Location was excellent near shops, restaurants & a casino close by! Will defiantly return one day, Many thanks again from Darren, Tracy & Josh (the king) Ha ha

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I went for a short break on 19th to 21st July and it was great to find that Keith and Rose were really down to earth friendly people, we usually feel in B&Bs that you cant relax when the owners are around but its not the case here we felt really relaxed and it was like being at home and felt as if we were staying with friends and not with people we never met before. The room was very clean, comfortable and quite spacious, and you got Keith's breakfast to look forward to when you get up.
We will definitely stay there again, highly recommended.
Pete and Sue, Swansea

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter E
Darlaston
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Contrary to their website claiming that they welcome all male/female parties- having stayed their as a group of four- they clearly DO NOT. Brushing past the shaky beginning on our arrival that owner wasn't entirely sure which of his guests we were -having taken us to the wrong room he- Mr Skinner- hadn't even made a note of our basic details which were given to him on our booking. Our room was of an adequate size with the usual amenities if a slightly dated décor. Having been aware of the fridge in the room we decided to take a couple of bottles of beer, however this was confiscated on arrival on the terms that it was to only be consumed on the patio area, once they'd had time to cook in the heat ofcourse, come on! at least fridge them up! Before our night out on the Friday we had a bottle of lager each on the patio, and on returning into the building a small amount was spilled on the carpet, which having apologised for we were still given a stern telling off from the headmaster -sorry landlord. This attitude towards us continued as we were given our orders before we left for a night on the town, now I'm sorry but there is a better way of asking four grown men to enjoy themselves whilst still having respect for other guests than being lined up like school children for a [--]! On our return to the room, there was of course a little noise being made by us, but nothing that shouldn't be expected from a place that apparently welcomes such bookings. needless to say Mr Skinner burst into our room in his boxers to tell us he was 'fed up with listening to our [--]' as well as other memorable sayings that turned the air blue -missing the irony completely in complaining about our apparent noise whilst shouting his mouth off. The writing was on the wall and we were asked to leave in the morning, though not before one more telling off- this time involving his wife using the c word- which is always a nice word to use to paying customers! On the plus side we were given a refund for our second night.
I'm sure the Beverly lodge is a good place to stay for people of a certain age, but I find it baffling that they advertise for male/female parties when they obviously have no idea how to deal with them, thus my advice would be to stick to travel lodges/ premier inns and leave this place to families or the elderly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jack s
beverlylodge, Owner at Beverly Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Protecting My Property And My Other Residents. .Having run my establishment for 15 years I understand the problems that may arise with any type of booking . The Men ( not boys) Were asked on arrival to be considerate and have respect for the other guests who have chosen to stay here. They were asked not to take drinks to the bedroom,( purely to prevent spillage ), and to consume it on the patio area.On the Main notice board and in all the rooms . A notice quotes All requests that were asked of Mr Simpsons Party upon there arrival. I Think that constant Ringing of the doorbell at 4.30 in the morning (When the group has keys to enter the establishment) Loud Noises, Music Playing, Doors Constantly Banging and been caught taking Beer from the Dining room Fridge to take to the bedroom and further the partying at 5.30 in the Morning is not Acceptable Behaviour. When approached at 5.45 am to please keep the noise down.A couple of the boys were abusive. They said " You will take our money but you don't want our hassle" In the morning I explained that this behaviour was Not Acceptable and asked them to leave, I again received more Abuse, I reimbursed the monies except for a deduction made for THE YOUNG LADY Who Arrived In The Middle of The Night !! ( that had not booked in) Who spent the night in the same room as the Four men.
On leaving One of the men agreed that if the group stayed " The Behaviour would be the same on the second night" So I Feel I Made the right Choice for all our residents. On quick inspection of the bedroom before the group left, I found a pair of Dirty Underpants in the fridge they left as a Parting Gift, these were also returned to them. Unfortunately when I try to address a situation I am likely to get retaliation from the parties concerned.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a lovely place to stay and a great location. Keith and Rose are very welcoming and try their very best to make sure your stay is an enjoyable one! The rooms are a nice size, clean and found the beds very comfortable. we really enjoyed our stay here and our weekend in Torquay! Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Duane H
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My sister and I took my Mum for a girls weekend in Torquay. We'd not stayed at this hotel before but will definitely be going back. Keith and Rosaleen made us incredibly welcome and do a cracking breakfast! The room was very clean and spacious. After lots of lunching, shopping and relaxing by the sea, we thoroughly enjoyed a couple of hours and some drinks on the decking in the hotel garden. The resident seagul also put in several appearances! The hotel is incredible value and very close to the sea and the town. See you again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 4. This would be great for a couple and child or friends (if you don't mind sh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EmmaFletcher7
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friends and I have just returned from the above B&B, Beverly Lodge in Torquay. We have always received a very warm welcome. It is clean, comfortable and Keith the Proprietor provides an excellent full english breakfast. He is always very helpful and makes our stay memorable. We always look forward to going back for our annual visits ! Well worth giving it a try yourself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jane m
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Beverly Lodge on several occasions now. I found the owners Keith and Rose to be very friendly and happy to accommodate. Great big rooms with telly and tea/coffee. The rooms have a fridge so I was able to put fresh milk in (That was supplied) for my tea and coffee. Parking onsite for my motorcycle and very close to town centre and harbour (10/15 min stroll). I had a double room for the price of a single which is good value for money. I had to leave early on a couple of occasions and was able to help myself to cereal, juice and coffee before I left. This will be my regular stop when I am working down this neck of the woods.
For the money I paid this was good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business