“a well needed break”
Review of Beverly Lodge

Beverly Lodge
Ranked #94 of 150 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 18, 2011

A well needed break was long over due and that is what Beverly Lodge provided. Wanting to spend some time with my kids a close friend of mine suggested going down to Devon. Whilst looking online i came across this welcoming b&b and called. Keith the owner was very charming and informative... providing me with all the information i would need, even going the extra mile in discussing some driving short cuts to Devon.
Our stay there was more than lovely. Keith was always welling to help with the planning of our days, it is clear he knows the area very well.
The rooms where amazingly clean and warm, which is imprortant for me as many say i have OCD lol.
We would more certainly go there again... in fact we disscused it whilst driving back.
Thank you Keith Skinner for a great cheery break!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are good

Reviewed October 17, 2011

My girlfriend and I spent three nights here for a getaway break from the stressful London life. The B&B is great value, situated 5-10 minutes walk from Torquay high street. Breakfasts are top notch and cooked for when you'd like them (9am was our chosen slot). Keith, the owner, is very welcoming and was kind enough to put us in a family room at no extra cost nor without us asking. The room had a double bed, two singles, a flat-screen TV and bathroom, plus plenty of storage space. Keith was also great at recommending activities to do each day. We booked directly with Beverly Lodge for slightly better rates.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2011

i went here on a trip with my family and we enjoyed it and recieved one of the best breakfasts of my life the bathrooms are very clean and we had our own bathroom in our own room :) all the rooms had flat screens too that played dvds that we brought with us & there was free wifi. The best thing about it was that it was less than a 5 minute walk to the town & seafront and less than 7 to the train station i will definately stay here again and next time ill drive now i know there is free parking so close to the centre of town, also keith is such a great host

Room Tip: all rooms had alot of space to be hounest i stayed in room 5 and found it to be quite pleasent
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Keith is a fantastic host and the Hotel is lovely.
I stayed with my Two little daughters for nearly a week and didnt want to come home.
The Hotel is excellent for families and would highly recommend booking direct, we will definetly be going back with out a doubt

Room Tip: book direct
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Well what can I say.................firstly a massive thank you to Keith, the owner of the B&B. His friendly, warm and relaxed approach makes you feel right at home! He has some great stories to tell and his knowledge of the area is second to none!

My room was spotless, cleaned to a very high standard and had all of the facilities that I required.

The breakfast was spot on................what you call a proper breakfast, very tasty indeed, there is a good choice available too!

This is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in and I am planning to return in the next few months.

Thank you Keith for making my stay a great one! Will be back very soon.

Gareth P (South Wales)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I came to stay at the Beverly Lodge from the 1st-4th of September 2011. I have to recommend this highly as it was a fantastic stay and we certainly grew attached to the place. Keith the owner is helpful and without a doubt one of the nicest hosts we've stayed with. He is approachable and will cater to your needs to custom fit your holiday experience to how you wish. The rooms are basic, however they are very comfortable and my boyfriend and i slept very well due to the central but tranquil location. Keith cooks a great hearty breakfast and if a full english is too much for you, then he will cater for what you want. A definite must day, please call him for his fantastic rates!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2011

What can I say...... Me and my daughter have just returned from staying at the Beverely Lodge and didnt want to come home!! Keith the owner is fab and nothing too much trouble and very welcoming, ideal location for trains and the centre of Torquay (yet away from the noise of the centre). Booking again for next month (wouldnt stay anywhere else now) TIP TO ALL TRAVELLERS.....RING KEITH DIRECT FOR THE BEST DEALS