Briarfields
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
The Belmont(Torquay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb blarge suiteair confirst classan excellent place to stayfresh fruitexcellent accommodationfull englishbreakfast was excellentsmall fridgechoice of cerealstop floorperfect staysea frontbed and breakfastwarm welcomelong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 18, 2012

In the area for a couple of days on business, lovely couple, fantastic room and superb breakfast.
Free internet/roadband was exceptionally quick, a real bonus.
Will definately be my hotel of choice when in the area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Hi, I stayed in the Briarfields for just an overnight stay, I will be honest I have stayed in Torquay before and it was not great.

Briarfields, surprised me and delighted me.

The owners were great very friendly, and gave me arange of options for me to eat out. Took them up and enjoyed it throughly and got some discount from the restaurant for staying at the Briarfields.

I generally stay in Torquay twice a year and i think i have found a great base to work from. The room was perfect very clean, very well looke dafter and very well decorated.

this place is better than most hotels, let only B&B's.

thank you Briafields see you again soon.

Room Tip: I had a suite, very good.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Very friendly and welcoming, room modern and spotlessly clean. Good choice of breakfast, hosts couldn't do more for you and always ensure you have everything you need. Town is a 15 minute walk or short taxi drive away. Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was our second visit to Briarfields, the last was 18 months ago, the decor is still as fresh and bright as it was back then, the standards here are very high. There is always a beautiful smell of fresh flowers, lillies, when you enter the hotel. The rooms are kept very clean and immaculate, the mini fridge in the room was restocked daily with bottled water, and even a small jug of fresh milk was placed in the fridge every day, none of that long life stuff here. The breakfasts provide an excellent start to the day, with cereals, fresh soft fruits, and yogurts , a perfectly cooked full English is also available, or any variation of it if you so require, even smoked salmon with scrambled egg !!
The hosts Pete & Trish certainly know how to run a fine hotel, and are friendly and guest focused.

Room Tip: I would always recommend the Executive Suite here, it is spacious and superb.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was a beautiful place to stay. From the moment we walked inside we were impressed by the welcome, the style and the cleanliness. Our room was lovely. Tastefully decorated with plenty of space, a fantastic power shower, a very comfortable bed and lots of little luxuries. Trish and Pete were friendly and informative - full of local knowledge and suggestions. Breakfast was tasty and fresh, served in an immaculate breakfast room. We both agreed that we have never felt so relaxed in a hotel or B and B. We had the feeling that nothing would have been too much trouble for these two - the perfect hosts.

Room Tip: We had room 4 which was a mini suite. The seating area gave that extra bit of space which was well worth paying for.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple