“Mmmmmmm................”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Thank you for fitting us in on a busy Sunday Bank Holiday evening - we enjoyed an excellent lobster thermidor - delicious - will definitely revisit when next in Torquay !!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

had the shelfish platter for two, was absolute perfection, huge portion contained every kind of shellfish including lobster, also had other fish, came wth bread 3 typres of potato salad and vegetables, could not fault, lovely view.

1  Thank sarannetrees
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We have been staying in Torquay for our two week holiday for the last ten years and have eaten here at least 4 times each year. We ate here on our fourth occasion last August the evening before we were leaving and had a less than regular experience. The food did not live up to the usual standards we have become used to. Also for a restraint that specialises in fish you would expect them to know their fish. I ordered a crab and shrimp cocktail, when it came it was a lovely big serving of crab and PRAWNS. Coming from near the most famous area for shrimps in England and eating them on a regular basis I think I know the difference between them, pity a fish eatery can't. If you are advertising Shrimps then shrimps you should get, you really should know your fish.

2  Thank SusanP082
reggata, Manager at Man Fridays Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

I have just been on the telphone to my shellfish suppliers , imagine their suprise when I informed them that for the past 90 years in business they has been farming , marketing and packaging the wrong product!!
must sign off now , as I have to stop the chef putting his head in the gas oven.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is our second time to Man Fridays, we arrive on Sunday early evening, for start everything seems fine, after 30 minutes later the restaurant became busy, there is only one poor waitress to take an order. There is a man seems not too interest come to serve us. Between main course to dessert we were wait about 45 minutes!!

Food is fine with big portion just the serve let us down, I can understand other people point out they use a lot rich sauce, this is true.

I won't go back, we would like try Memories Bistro but you need pre book early, we can't get this time that's why end up at Man Fridays!

Tips: try the set menu but only serve during Sun - Thurs, good value

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We visited Man Fridays last year and looked forward to another visit. This time rather than fighting for seats we had a choice - there was only one customer. Linen napkins had given way to paper ones. The wine we selected had not been chilled. Mussels were overwhelmed by the cream sauce. No complaints about the fish, though. My partner's duck was tender, but had an unpleasant sauce which could have come from a jar. Service was attentive, but more staff were needed when things became busy. In sum, this visit was disappointing given the number of good restaurants in the area. Don't stray beyond the fish menu and avoid the sauces..