“Great view”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The most Amazing view. The food portions were good with Large plates of food and veg. It's not at the upper end of the scale in terms of quality or service but the view made up for it.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had a window table, and so a good view of the harbour - and also of the rain when it fell later in the evening. They get the basics right - fresh fish cooked quite simply - and an acceptable wine selection. We could quibble at one or two things, but if the sign of a good restaurant is that you have an enjoyable and happy experience, then that is exactly what we had.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place is all about fish and seafood. The best on the menu is definitely the lobster - my husband ordered this, while I ordered the crab. The crab was fab, but he lobster was magnificent. Judging by the fact that the place was full the whole evening, this is something of a local gem.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have lived in Torquay and always wanted to visit this Resturant. Why did we wait so long ?! The venue us amazing. Service superb and the food is just Devine. I ad lobster and it's the best I've ever had. My wife had a trio of fish and it tasted amazing. We will defiantly be going more regularly. A gem of a Resturant

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place is right down on the harbour-side and seating is upstairs hence some tables have a lovely view over the bay. Some don't so ask for a window seat. Service is laid back and friendly but not totally polished and a fair bit of hanging around the bar chatting. However the food is very good. The seafood shellfish platter is massive. If you want to do it justice avoid the started and the bread, you may then fit in a pud (I couldn't!). I would suggest they cut down on the size as the number of mussels for example was outrageous. My other half had monkfish which, as a relative newcomer to the fish scene she rated the best she had have. There is another more well known seafood restaurant just up the road but more expensive, this is a nice alternative.
Wine list is very small but what we had was nice and not too pricey.
Meat eaters are well catered for.