this apartment is very good for disabled access and great size apartments with lots of extras like ipod players, two TV's etc. the beds were comfortable and are easy to put a hoist under.
the bad things about our stay is:
1) at the front of the complex, there is a security feature that only young people or people with extremely good hearing can hear, this was of great annoyance. it sends a 40KHz frequency out that is designed to stop young people hanging around the front of the house, which was not needed because the street is deserted. the affect this had on our stay ment that we were not able to use the pool because of the sound transmitting to the pool area, also was uncomfortable walking out because of this.
i feel that this was a little excessive to have one of these devises as i know they are very expensive and have experience using them, not at hotels but at corner shops.
2) we also felt that with the landlords being on site at all times, we felt a little watched, especially when the landlord came to check the room while we were in it, on checking out.
overall great locations, great apartments, but the owners security measures and feeling like your being watched by the owners was very off putting and i wont be coming back because of this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 5 Holiday Apartments. Near seafront. Car park. No meters. Free Wi-Fi. Pool available 9am - 9pm with insulated enclosure. Central heating. Wheelchair accessible apartment available. Dishwashers. Washing machines. Linen & towels supplied. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Atlantis Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantis Holiday Apartments Torquay, Devon