“This hotel made my holiday special”
Review of Allerdale Hotel

Allerdale Hotel
Ranked #69 of 86 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed August 27, 2010

The warm welcome received at the start of our four days here continued throughout our stay. The bedroom had a nice view through the trees of the bay (it also gave us a fantastic view of the fireworks for regatta week), was more than adequate for our needs and was beautifully made up every day. It is a beautiful building with high celings, is well decorated and there is a large comfortable quiet lounge to relax in. The breakfasts are freshly cooked to order and there is a good selection of other items. We did not take advantage of the evening meals but from what we were told by other guests they were of the same high quality. The bar was open every evening during our stay and we had many enjoyable evenings with other guests as well as the hotel owners. On that note I can only heap praise on Louise. She has the rare ability to make you feel as if your comfort is the only thing that is important and both Louise and her staff go that extra mile to make your stay special. Having stayed here we would not consider staying anywhere else in Torquay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2010

Hotel looks nice from outside , commmunal areas ok , some parts tired.
Our room was fairly dated & tired , expensive for what it was.
Breakfast cooked to order ,staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I recently stayed at the Allerdale Hotel to enjoy Agatha Christie Week on the English Riviera. The hotel is situated about 5 minutes walk from the main shopping street, and five minutes in the opposite direction is the main seafront.
The room I stayed in was adequate and the ensuite bathroom was a little cramped, but for the amount of time I would be spending inside the hotel, it was worth it. And at the price of £30 a night (including breakfast) it was perfect!
The breakfast is cooked to order, with a selection of cereals, juices and teas/coffee to keep you going until your order arrives. I'm not a big eater of cooked breakfast, so I can't give a personal review, however the guests I met were all very impressed.
Evening meals can be cooked for you, but you have to give prior notice at the front desk so ingedients and staff can be managed for when you want it.
The downstairs bar is open most evenings from around 5 'til 10.30, staying open later on weekends. If for some reason the bar is closed, the staff will happily get you a drink to enjoy in your room.
The best aspect of the hotel is by far the staff. I would not have enjoyed my stay in Torquay half as much if it hadn't bee for Louise and everyone concerned, who helped to organise all of my transport, chat to me when I was strolling round the hotel, and generally made me feel really at home. Everyone was very polite and couldn't do enough to help! Thanks so much for a great holiday!
The hotel's best quality is by far its staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank MartynG1
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We parked up in the centre of Torquay, found the Tourist Information office & asked for help, they gave me the name & address of the Allerdale Hotel, we met louise in reception she was wonderful gave me the keys to 2 rooms & told me to choose, the room I chose had a wonderful view over the beautiful garden towards the sea, the large room was very well decorated with high ceilings beautiful bed linen, large clean bathroom in otherwords a great room, the breakfast was very nice, english breakfast or lots of alternatives. the hotel is located on the edge of town but still only 15 min walk from the centre, a great hotel would recomend to anybody.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jmbjStaffordshire