“Andrea.Bridgend.”

Ranked #47 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Bridgend, United Kingdom
“Andrea.Bridgend.”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We booked a 4 night break &decided last minute to go a day early.Carl and Sharon was most welcoming it was like home from home.breakfast was excellent and the room spotless.Toiletries,biscuits,chocolates and a bottle of water each ,every day was an added bonus.We will certainly book this guest house again when visiting Torquay.Once again Thanks Carl & Sharon

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brynthomas-13

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this classic hotel. The rooms were spotless and tastefully furnished as was the rest of this Victorian house. The breakfast was hearty and delicious. I also found our hosts really welcoming and friendly and especially helpful when i asked for local recommendations. The Landlord stayed up way past his bed time when we arrived late after our car broke down and was very accomodating ! Thanks again for a delightful stay- excellent value for money !

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Francesca S
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Kelvin House. The owners are delightful and made me feel 100% at home. Great hospitality, lovely room, great bed and delicious breakfast made me feel very relaxed. Beautifully decorated and comfy. I felt like I was staying at a friends house. This is exactly what I was looking for and after a thorough search I am glad to say I chose this hotel. Totally lucky!

It is close to Torre Abbey and the train station. I won't go on and on with a lengthy report, just know that you'll have made the right choice with this establishment. Torquay is great fun and this hotel made it all that much better. I will return, most definitely.

Room Tip: Very quiet apart from the noisy seagulls!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank pixie1
Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful five day break in Devon and spent three nights at this gem of a small hotel close to Torre Abbey It is about a ten to fifteen minute walk into town and you can walk through the abbey grounds. We received a very warm welcome from the landlady and everything about our stay exceeded our expectations. The hotel is set in a quiet road with plenty of free parking. The room was light and spacious and very clean. Nice touches were fresh bottles of water provided daily and lovely chocolate mints to go with the tea and coffee in the room. Breakfast was delicious,generous portions and freshly cooked with a good range of choices. Although Kelvin House only does bed and breakfast there is a very good restaurant nearby called Ocean Drive. All in all a lovely place to stay for a short break.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family and I stayed at this guesthouse for a couple of nights. The rooms were spotless and the hosts were extremely friendly and jovial. We were cooked a hot vegetarian breakfast as we requested.

We would definately recommend this guesthouse as a great value place to stay in Torquay especially in the peak season.

Room Tip: Family rooms are bigger than doubles. The double room basically compromised of a room with a double...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Nisha G
Tonbridge
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have stayed in places near and far, Travelled to them by air by sea and also by car, But the places I have stayed all bar none, For the friendliest landlords this is the one !
This really is the most friendliest place I have ever stayed. The effort from Carl and Sharon to give such a fantastic service all comes so naturally so helpful and so welcoming an absolute pleasure to stay there.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Porterandy
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel through booking.com as the reviews looked great & the accommodation spec suited exactly what we required. Great value, very clean well equipped rooms, extremely friendly hosts & a lovely breakfast! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014