“Weekend Break”
Review of Bay Torbay Hotel

Bay Torbay Hotel
Ranked #34 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had a great weekend from departure to return. The hotel was very good and in the town centre, great location, the room 119 forward facing sea view was of a good standard clean well presented and warm. The food was was very appetising, our waiter Kristian was friendly and always a welcoming smile. All the staff were pleasant and helpful. For the money all in all a fabulous mini break and terrific value. We will be returning to the Torbay Hotel in the near future.

3  Thank leslie f
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review and I am glad that you had such a lovely weekend at the Torbay. It is always pleasing to hear that everything from the staff to the food was how you wanted it to be and I am sure Krystian will be pleased that you thought so highly of him. Have a Merry Xmas and we look forward to your return next year.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The staff couldn't have been more helpful & considerate to my parents who were in torquay for a funeral. At last minute they bent over backwards to help my uncle also. My parents really enjoyed their stay and the evening entertainment. Location was good for them also.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you linda j for your review and I am only too glad that my staff looked after your parents during their stay with us at what was a difficult time. I am pleased that they liked the other aspects of their stay while they were here and hopefully we will see them again once more in the future. I will also be sure to pass on your comments to the staff concerned.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Xmas girly weekend away! Food was lovely, breakfast only between 08:00-09:00 and on weekends (should be at least 10-10:30) Evening meal was nice! The whole place could do with a refurbishment but could have been worse! The only main problem was when we pulled our bed out to use the socket, there was rubbish under the bed!Not impressed! Cleaners defiantly do not do a 'in depth' clean! The night porter 'Alan' was really helpful and friendly! Would def use again as close to attractions

Room Tip: Use 4th floor as I believe they are newer rooms!
1  Thank tan1207
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you tan1207 for your review and I am glad that you had a good girly weekend away. I shall pass on your comments to Alan who will be pleased to get a mention, and I will certainly look into the issues that you raised regarding the cleanliness of the rooms. Overall It is good to know that you enjoyed yourself and that you will come back and see us again

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My friend and I paid an additional fee for a front facing room (Room 300). The condition of our room was very poor and it was in desperate need of refurbishment /redecoration. A great deal of the paintwork was missing, particularly on windowsills which had become blackened. The curtain linings were in tatters, as was the upholstery on one of the two chairs. The area around the bedheads was filthy, as was the pipework and skirting boards. The trapped areas beneath the radiators were thick with 'congealed' dust. The shower/toilet area was in need of updating, painting and decorating. This poor review is no reflection on the room maid's work. It is the fault of the management. We do not know whether this was the general standard of the rooms or just our misfortune.

The view was very good, but very noisy during the night - road cleansing vehicles working outside in the early hours, and hotel delivery lorries round 6am.

The holiday itself was overall good value for money, there was entertainment and the coach trips well organised and well driven by Michael.

We would only repeat the experience if the cleanliness of my room was good, not situated at the front of the hotel, and would drive there ourselves. It took some 8 hours to get to Torquay via minibus and coach, going considerably north to the Membury interchange. If we drove directly to Torquay from the Bournemouth/Poole area (where we live) it would probably take less than 3 hours.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patricia C
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you for your review and I am glad that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will look into the issues that you have raised regarding your room. I would say that we do have a programme of refurbishment each year, but it takes time to get to every room,>
However, if you were to stay again in room 300 from March onwards then you will be pleasantly surprised as it is in due to be refurbished before the spring. Our rooms do get a lot of use throughout the year but I am pleased you were happy that it was cleaned satisfactorily. it is a popular room because it is very large with three windows, all with great views,
I hope that we do see you again whether you come by car or Coach.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed at the Torbay 16/20 November, long journey down from Ellesmere Port with Shearings,but well worth it.
Hotel was clean, bedroom was of a fair size,(room 407), and had good views of the marina opposite.
Food was very good, with a good variety.
Both dining room, and reception staff were friendly and very helpful.
Would definately recomend this hotel.

Chris/Val

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you ChrisL for your review of your weekend stay with us at the Torbay. I am pleased that you had a great time and that you found everything to your liking. and especially that your found that the staff were friendly and helpful. I hope that you make the worthwhile journey to see us again soon. thanks for your recommendation.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

just spent 5 days at this hotel on a turkey and ytincel.there was 27members in our party including a disabled lady.the hotel has been recently upgraded.my wife and i had room302 with was nice and comfortale.there was a dbl bed and a single,table and 2 easy chairs.the staff on both reception and dining room were very polite and helpful.the entertainment was a little dissapointing but we still had an enjoyable stat.the only thing i could fault was that the dissabled ladys room was on the 4th floor

Room Tip: book early
2  Thank halifaxmike90
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you had an enjoyable 'Xmas' with us. I shall pass on your kind words to the staff that you mentioned and hopefully you will come and stay again for another break. If anyone has any special requests,like the disabled lady you mentioned, then we do try to acccomodate them , if we know in advance!, So my advice is,if there is anything, please just let us know before you come and we will try to do our best for you.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Thank you once again for another fabulous stay at the Torbay, lovely room (204), good meals, plenty to do even in November, friendly staff, all over far too soon,having experienced the weekend deals am very tempted to do more of them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SimonWMurray, General Manager at Bay Torbay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted that you had a great long weekend with us. Its always nice to know that we have done our bit to help you have a good holiday. Pease do take advantage of the weekend deals and come back and see us again soon.