“Thanks for a lovely holiday!”
Review of Hotel Kistor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Hotel Kistor
Ranked #75 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed May 3, 2010

We are just back from a very enjoyable five day holiday with Gee Vee. The food was very good and the waiter service excellent. The entertainment was very good and Peter/Jethro could make a living from comedy should the hotel industry suddenly come to a halt.
Anyone who can't manage stairs might be advised to check beforehand as the lift does not cover all rooms. And the bedroom floors were a bit on the creaky side!!! The bed was lovely and comfy and the room was cleaned every day and towels changed on request. We would certainly return. Not so sure about the new pink colour scheme outside though!!!
]

• Stayed: April 2010
bingoace, Manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2010

I am pleased that you had a good holiday with us and thank you for taking time to tell us via Trip Advisor.
Thank you for telling me about the bed as they have recently been replaced and the beds are about the only thing we don't have a chance to test as we are usually full with guests.
Thank you for the accolade regarding my humour it's because of the Cornish Bakeries.if you remember!
As for the colour, I am sure that when all the additional changes to the exterior have been completed the walls won't appear so vivid. Ish!
Come to see us again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2010

we had 6 brilliant days here. the hotel was very friendly very clean, food was very good a good choice for all. wiews from bedroom were breathtaking. the staff were very helpful . the entertainment was excelent . we will be going back there as soon as we possibly can. lynne and trevor sandles worcester

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2010

Thank you Trevor & Lynne. We aim to make all our guests as happy as you. Don't leave it too long before your return!

Reviewed March 26, 2010

Just finished unpacking from our holiday at the Kistor hotel Torquay, what a good holiday we've had! The food is amazing, the service well is so fast i didn't have time to butter my toast before my food came! Everyone is friendly and ready to help you. i personally went on a coach trip holiday my self and my girlfriend, we went with a load of older people, but we still had fun and the nights were for all ages which was good. I really enjoyed my holiday and I'd happily recommend going there to anyone! I'm already thinking about going back!

Thanks Kistor Hotel

Liam Andrews and Amanda Bushell!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2010

We are delighted that we met with your expectations and that you had such a good time with us. We look forwrd to welcoming you back in june to a new look Kistor and brand new restaurant which we hope will have that WOW factor!

Reviewed March 17, 2010

We have just got back from a long weekend stay at the Kistor Hotel, The rooms were comfortable and clean, the food was good and the staff were exceptional. The hotel provided entertainment each evening, which in the main was very good (the only exception was the Saturday night dodgy duo, complete with furry animals!!!, not sure what that was about) but Ilene and Steve made the stay very entertaining and couldn't do enough for anyone. Overall a very pleasant weekend and we will be booking again.

• Stayed: March 2010
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2010

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had such a good time. I too am unsure what the furry animals are about, Steve and Eileen are delighted to be appreciated too!
We all look forward to your next visit when you will experience our new facilities!

Reviewed March 8, 2010

Grateful for dble room as single guest.Good view,quiet,clean but decor dated and carpets need updating.
Good location near buses,seafront,parks theatre,town on the flat for those with mobility problems
Food well prepared and presented,many choices,waiter service excellent.all needs met.
Entertainment,singers nightly did grand job D/G excellent..but Thurs night singer did not seem to connect too ell with the clientele.Bingo in musicians break seemed popular not my scene ...so left for that spell.
Simming pool fine,changing areas damp and mouldy in places,but did not spoil the activity 7am each morning.
Adverse comments= could hotel manager introduce himself when meeting/greeting on coach (May be known fondly as Basil but later!!)
As a single traveller would like to have been seated with other guests for meals but enjoyed the company of one of the coach drivers during my stay,however did he wish to sit with a passenger at the end of his day...different coach to mine so ok...just a thought !! maybe company policy.I know that in my profession would not desire free time with service users at end of day.As a Local person ,away from the county enjoyed the trip,and would return to the hotel.able to meet up with family and friends as well as enjoying a well earned rest..which I was able to do at this hotel Thanks to all the staff and Torquay travel for allowing me to achieve my goal. A Marks

• Stayed: February 2010
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write such a constructive. I would like to apologise for my oversight whilst meeting and greeting you. My name is Peter and I am very pleased that we were able to provide a good base for your return home.
I take on board the comments regarding the changing rooms, the maintenance team are currently carrying out a review of that and other areas of the hotel and are indebted to you for briniging it to our attention.
Yes some of our rooms are looking dated and in realisation of this problem we started an extensive redecoration and refurbishment program last September. This is on going & I expect 30% of the rooms to be updated by June.
We all look forward to having you stay with us again, next time in a redecorated room!

Reviewed March 8, 2010

My partner and I have just returned from a fabulous weekend break in Torquay. The hotel was the Kistor and we have booked again for next year. The service was second to none
the staff polite clean and very helpful. Our only regret was not to take our bathers as there
was a very welcoming indoor swimming pool and jaccuzi. The room was light fresh and cleaned every day that we were there. The evenings entertainment was worthy of a top London hotel We are now at home resting after what was supposed to be a quiet weekend
brake that turned into a fun entertaining and even more important value weekend break..

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2010

Thank you for your great review!
What a shame you didn't have your bathers ... Our pool is renowned both for it's warmth and the clarity of the water.
Yes we pride ourselves in providing first class entertainment in the 'Kistor Entertainments lounge' A great line up this year and some changes in the pipe line for next year too!
You mention value for money, we really hope so. Even better value this year with so many improvements taking place. You may not recoginise us next year Look out for the WoW factor.
See You in 2011, Joecassadra!

Reviewed March 8, 2010

This Hotel certainly makes every effort to please. I organise reunions for ex Royal Naval organisations and this hotel offers outstanding value for money at a first class location. Good Food. Good nightly entertainment and friendly responsive staff.

• Stayed: March 2010
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that we meet with your expectations of service , good food and entertainment. It is always a pleasure to have such well arranged organisations block book the hotel.
Yes, we are superbly situated here, on the flat so near to great amenities but just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of town to be in a relaxed environment.
We look forward to seeing you again as per your booking in 2011.