“Best holiday i have had in a long time!”
Review of Hotel Kistor

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Torquay
Hotel Kistor
Ranked #76 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
Worcester
“Best holiday i have had in a long time!”
Reviewed March 26, 2010

Just finished unpacking from our holiday at the Kistor hotel Torquay, what a good holiday we've had! The food is amazing, the service well is so fast i didn't have time to butter my toast before my food came! Everyone is friendly and ready to help you. i personally went on a coach trip holiday my self and my girlfriend, we went with a load of older people, but we still had fun and the nights were for all ages which was good. I really enjoyed my holiday and I'd happily recommend going there to anyone! I'm already thinking about going back!

Thanks Kistor Hotel

Liam Andrews and Amanda Bushell!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
We are delighted that we met with your expectations and that you had such a good time with us. We look forwrd to welcoming you back in june to a new look Kistor and brand new restaurant which we hope will have that WOW factor!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
southampton
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We have just got back from a long weekend stay at the Kistor Hotel, The rooms were comfortable and clean, the food was good and the staff were exceptional. The hotel provided entertainment each evening, which in the main was very good (the only exception was the Saturday night dodgy duo, complete with furry animals!!!, not sure what that was about) but Ilene and Steve made the stay very entertaining and couldn't do enough for anyone. Overall a very pleasant weekend and we will be booking again.

bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this review, April 21, 2010
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had such a good time. I too am unsure what the furry animals are about, Steve and Eileen are delighted to be appreciated too!
We all look forward to your next visit when you will experience our new facilities!
SUSSEX
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Grateful for dble room as single guest.Good view,quiet,clean but decor dated and carpets need updating.
Good location near buses,seafront,parks theatre,town on the flat for those with mobility problems
Food well prepared and presented,many choices,waiter service excellent.all needs met.
Entertainment,singers nightly did grand job D/G excellent..but Thurs night singer did not seem to connect too ell with the clientele.Bingo in musicians break seemed popular not my scene ...so left for that spell.
Simming pool fine,changing areas damp and mouldy in places,but did not spoil the activity 7am each morning.
Adverse comments= could hotel manager introduce himself when meeting/greeting on coach (May be known fondly as Basil but later!!)
As a single traveller would like to have been seated with other guests for meals but enjoyed the company of one of the coach drivers during my stay,however did he wish to sit with a passenger at the end of his day...different coach to mine so ok...just a thought !! maybe company policy.I know that in my profession would not desire free time with service users at end of day.As a Local person ,away from the county enjoyed the trip,and would return to the hotel.able to meet up with family and friends as well as enjoying a well earned rest..which I was able to do at this hotel Thanks to all the staff and Torquay travel for allowing me to achieve my goal. A Marks

• Stayed February 2010
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this review, March 15, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write such a constructive. I would like to apologise for my oversight whilst meeting and greeting you. My name is Peter and I am very pleased that we were able to provide a good base for your return home.
I take on board the comments regarding the changing rooms, the maintenance team are currently carrying out a review of that and other areas of the hotel and are indebted to you for briniging it to our attention.
Yes some of our rooms are looking dated and in realisation of this problem we started an extensive redecoration and refurbishment program last September. This is on going & I expect 30% of the rooms to be updated by June.
We all look forward to having you stay with us again, next time in a redecorated room!
Liverpool
Reviewed March 8, 2010

My partner and I have just returned from a fabulous weekend break in Torquay. The hotel was the Kistor and we have booked again for next year. The service was second to none
the staff polite clean and very helpful. Our only regret was not to take our bathers as there
was a very welcoming indoor swimming pool and jaccuzi. The room was light fresh and cleaned every day that we were there. The evenings entertainment was worthy of a top London hotel We are now at home resting after what was supposed to be a quiet weekend
brake that turned into a fun entertaining and even more important value weekend break..

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Thank you for your great review!
What a shame you didn't have your bathers ... Our pool is renowned both for it's warmth and the clarity of the water.
Yes we pride ourselves in providing first class entertainment in the 'Kistor Entertainments lounge' A great line up this year and some changes in the pipe line for next year too!
You mention value for money, we really hope so. Even better value this year with so many improvements taking place. You may not recoginise us next year Look out for the WoW factor.
See You in 2011, Joecassadra!
Plymouth
Reviewed March 8, 2010

This Hotel certainly makes every effort to please. I organise reunions for ex Royal Naval organisations and this hotel offers outstanding value for money at a first class location. Good Food. Good nightly entertainment and friendly responsive staff.

bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that we meet with your expectations of service , good food and entertainment. It is always a pleasure to have such well arranged organisations block book the hotel.
Yes, we are superbly situated here, on the flat so near to great amenities but just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of town to be in a relaxed environment.
We look forward to seeing you again as per your booking in 2011.

Great hotel Peter and Elaine were excellent

bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
It's lucky Elaine and I don't arrive at the same time. We'd not be able to squeeze in!!
Thank you, Lucky P.
midlands
Reviewed March 7, 2010

we have stayed at the kistor seven times now and find it the best value for money in torquay. we have stayed at other hotels also but none match the kistor .peter brown and his staff look after all our needs, very clean rooms,good food and menu,,great entertainment each evening and happy hour as well. what more do we need.

bingoace, manager at Hotel Kistor, responded to this review, April 20, 2010
Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor. It really means an awful to know that the effort made by all our staff is so genuinely appreciated. We all look forward to your 8th visit!