“Very Good”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great food good service. The bass I had was cooked to perfection with a distinctive aromatic sauce lovely.
My wife was very pleased with her meal.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had a meal here on 2 occasions during our recent holiday in Torquay. We experienced excellent service and food on both. The staff were friendly and welcoming, and although we did not book on the second visit, it was only a short wait before a table was made available. Very enjoyable, and we look forward to next time.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Even though we were late due to traffic and they were full, they kept a table for us. The menu selection was nothing out of the ordinary but the food was very tasty and excellently cooked. Friendly and attentive service. Right in the centre of town.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

After a run of fabulous meals during our Torquay holiday we were probably due for a downer and, unhappily, Bianco's obliged. We ordered a Chianti wine and when it arrived it was far from good- we then noticed that it was not the one we had ordered! We sent it back and ordered another wine and, on this occasion, checking what had been brought, we found that once more the wine was not as ordered- or as had appeared on the menu. Feebly, the waiter argued that they could not always get the wines they themselves ordered- absolute nonsense- I know as I am in the drinks trade!!! I should add that nothing was said about prices- though obviously a different wine would mean a different price!!! A real problem was that the waiter seemed to see nothing wrong with this carry on!! Finally, we ordered a white wine which did match its name on the list.
Food was pedestrian in the extreme. An antipasti starter was unrefined with ingredients of very average quality. The pasta dishes were flavourless- a mortal sin in an Italian restaurant.
I note the other good reviews- maybe it was a bad night- I don't know. But we won't be going back to find out!

2  Thank Jancis
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Visited Biancos as a couple on a busy Wednesday evening. The atmosphere was good although the table are quite small and cramped. The food was enjoyable but I don't think we would visit again in a hurry. The service was very brisk with the starter arriving seconds after ordering and the main course the same. I also felt the prices were on the expensive side for the type of food on offer. Overall not my choice for a relaxing or romantic evening.

1  Thank htravel1234