This was our second visit to Torquay and as we were only staying for a couple of days, I wanted to stay somewhere close to everything. Linden House fit the bill exactly...it is only a few minutes walk from the train station, town and beach and had great reviews on Trip Advisor and a good price.
Sue welcomed us when we got there, showed us to our room and offered us tea and coffee and lemon cake (which was delicious) while she gave us some information about the area and recommended restaurants to visit. We were made to feel really welcome and at home and it was a really nice start to our short break.
We stayed in room 6 which is listed as one of the boutique rooms. It was quite a small double but had everything in it that we needed, plenty of space to store bags and clothes and a decent sized bathroom. The room was immaculate in terms of cleanliness as was the rest of the B&B.
Breakfast was amazing. The freshly made fruit smoothies were a real highlight and I really liked that almost everything on the menu was locally sourced.
It was raining on the day we were leaving and Sue kindly offered us a lift to the train station so we didn't get wet. It was a really nice touch.
Linden House is a perfect place to stay in Torquay and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Linden House is an AA 5Star guest house offering a relaxed and boutique style of accommodation. Our freshly cooked breakfasts can be enjoyed by those on a gluten free diet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Linden House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Linden House Hotel Torquay
- Linden House Torquay, Devon