“Good food”

The Great British Fish and Chip Shop
Ranked #67 of 360 Restaurants in Torquay
Reviewed February 28, 2017

Good food, good service.

This place is located conveniently right on the Torquay Marina and serves good old-fashioned fish and chips as well as hanburgers.

Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Visited whilst in Torquay for the night...the premises were clean and the staff were friendly and polite. We ate in and the fish and chips we ordered was lovely. It did get quite busy whilst we were there and that tells me it's a very popular place to eat or take away. Would definitely eat there again

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

I found myself at a loose end earlier today whilst my wife took our son (19 year old!) to spend lots of money looking at penguins... Feeling a bit peckish I decided to grab some Fish & Chips and sit by the harbour...
This was the first fish & chip restaurant I found and although it didnt at first look terribly inviting I went in and so glad I did. Staff were friendly, all food freshly cooked to order and nice clean surroundings.
All in all its well worth popping in whether its for take away or eating in :)

Reviewed November 21, 2016 via mobile

All round a good fish and chip shop and Fortuny chips are soggy and not crispy and often undercooked

1  Thank Steven M
Reviewed November 17, 2016

You wont go far wrong if you choose to have fish and chips from The Great British Fish & Chip shop. Their cod has a great flavour, not too strong and the batter is fab. Hubby had pasty and chips and he said he would have it again. We got a sausage for our dog and he wolfed it down! This shop does the best chip shop curry sauce. Lovely and thick...please dont change the recipe! The prices are very reasonable too. Dont go to Hanburys, this is the chip shop that matters!