“Not the best...snobby staff”
Review of Casa Mia

Casa Mia
Casa Mia
Ranked #31 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Not the best...snobby staff”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

There are definitely better B&B's in Plymouth to stay in and I will not come back to The Casa Mia. The landlady is quite rude and I got the feeling that she thought we weren't good enough to be staying in her house - sorry love but we are paying your bills so a smile wouldn't go a miss! The breakfast was bearable but nothing special - I would rather have gone to the local Wetherspoons and got a real fry up for a fiver as this place is just tight with their portions! The bacon was undercooked, the eggs overcooked - just not good. The next morning I didn't bother with breakfast as it wasn't worth getting up early for. I was then rudely awoken by a cleaner letting herself into my room at 8am! I was leaving that day so surely they could have waited until I departed at 11am! One of my biggest hates is establishments where the cleaners just freely enter your room without warning....what if I had been walking out of the shower. Or even worse, what if I hadn't been there and they got their hands on my stuff! When I left the landlady said something under her breath to me but I just wanted to get out of there so didn't bother confronting her. Rude and over-priced - do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank KMRS88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kuwait City
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've stayed at Casa Mia both under the previous and current owners.

Service is good, breakfast great, the rooms clean and functional. The proprietors are helpful way beyond the call of duty and very knowledgeable of the local area.

At the end of the day you get what you pay for - in this case excellent value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bedfordshire
Reviewed April 26, 2013

15 Ladies from Luton Chiltern Inner Wheel Club travelled to Plymouth for our Conference. 9 of our group stayed at the Casa Mia. The hotel made us so welcome Jane and Mahmood went out of their way to make us comfortable and enabled us to use the hotel as our second home allowing our other 6 ladies to come round in the evening and use their dining room. It was spotlessly clean, comfortable quiet and excellent food. Jane and Mahmood were lovely hosts, nothing was too much trouble for them.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Exhausted after a very long day's work, myself and 2 colleagues booked ourselves into Casa Mia. Friendly efficient service, comfy beds, clean rooms, nice location, no traffic or street noise. Overall a good, reliable b n b.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my third stay at Casa Mia and I've never been disappointed. An ideal location, very reasonable rates with lovely clean rooms and good breakfasts. Jane and Mahmoud have been lovely hosts each time we've stayed, and are always happy to give maps/information and make suggestions about places to visit. We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else in Plymouth and are looking forward to our next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EHamil2n
Dubai
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I attempted to stay here for two nights. I say attempted because we didn't end up staying at all - I was so appalled by the landlady's attitude and my chldren we're scared that we left our cases in the room and went and booked one one of the many identical b&bs on the same road, despite the landlady trying to tell me they were all full. What's more I said they could charge me the first night even though I doidn't stay, but lo and behold, my credit card was billed for the second night a few days later.

So unless you're a monk or you enjoy being abused, go to one of the other places on the same street. There are so many to choose from.

Room Tip: None of them
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelmanDubai
CasaMiaPlymouthDevon, Owner at Casa Mia, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
This extremely malicious 'review' is almost totally untrue! The reviewer does not mention that he had not bothered to actually book for his children, nor that that when we dared to tell him that they had no booking, he started to verbally abuse us, nor, that we reorganised our whole house, which was fully booked, in order to let them have a family room because we felt sorry for the poor children. Your subsequent decision to go elsewhere was therefore quite surprising! We more than kept to our side of the deal, I'm not sure why you would think that you didn't need to pay the bill.
Gloucester
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We often come to Plymouth and from now on will be using Jane and Casa Mia.
Booked it via email, replied very quickly with a good rate and all relevant information. We know Plymouth quite well and its in the best location for visiting the barbican and hoe. The park is on the doorstep and its situated in a quiet little road.
Jane was lovely(as was her cooking) and made us both feel very welcome from the moment we walked in. Just what we were looking for, a king size bed, en-suite, views of the park, lovely breakfast and close to the barbican.
Jane also mentioned at a little refurb is taking place soon too, so will be even nicer. See you soon
Mike and Vici