“Brilliant Restaurant, Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Morgan's Italian - CLOSED

Morgan's Italian
Cuisines: Italian, British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Morgans is a modern, exciting restaurant situated in the heart of Plymouth. Formerly a Brasserie, we are now delighted to bring the best of Italian Mediterranean cuisine to our customers - from pasta and risotto to our speciality fresh fish and shellfish.Whatever the occasion, or whichever option you choose from our extensive menus, you will receive an effortless service - the delivery of expertly cooked food using the best, fresh produce We are open everyday! Monday - Fri Lunch 11.30Am until 2.30Pm Monday - Saturday Dinner 5.00Pm until 10.00Pm Saturday & Sunday Lunch 11.30Am until 4.00Pm Sunday Evening 6.00Pm until 9.00Pm
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Restaurant, Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have been here a few times and have never been disappointed! The best scallops I have ever eaten. The restaurant is very big which is slightly off putting but the food, service and atmosphere is brilliant.

• Visited March 2013

Kenilworth, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food 5 Minutes from City Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

We visited the Sunday before Xmas 2013 for a family meal for all ages. Great location, good service and excellent food makes this a definite recommendation for a meal any time here.
Good value for money and conveniently located close to the City Centre (across the Parade) and 10 minutes from the Barbican.
Well worth a visit whether it's for a meal for two or for a larger group.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Went to Morgan's last night to celebrate my sons18th birthday, there was 16 in our party. We were sat down promptly and within minutes served our meals. The staff were very professional and friendly. All our food was delivered hot and very well presented. I looked down the table and everyone had eaten everything.
Everybody had commented on how good the food was.
There were also other large parties in the restaurant and considering how busy the place was I was amazed how relaxed and confident all the staff were.

I would like to send my sincere thanks to the staff and management for making my son birthday 'the best night of his life'

• Visited December 2013
Yashaj25, Manager at Morgan's Italian, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us such great feedback. It is lovely to read such a lovely review and we hope that your son had a wonderful 18th. We hope to welcome you back to Morgan's again soon!
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Not sure why people rave about this place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Ate dinner here with friends. When we first arrived there were not that many people there and it is a big restaurant with high ceilings so the lack of people made it feel a little cold and lacking in atmosphere. This did improve as more people arrived. The service was fine, but when you are paying good money for dinner, I object to being given a menu which is just printed on A4 paper and is slightly crumpled! The food was also fine, but when I visited the ladies I found it slightly off putting to see the door hinges caked in dust. Didn't look like they had been cleaned for months. For me, the food and service were fine, but there are better places in Plymouth.

Devon
“Laden With Salt!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the second time I have eaten at Morgans. The first time was a few years ago and the food was lovely, albeit very tiny portions. This time I visited with a large party and although the portions sizes are now very generous, the quality of the food seems to have gone down in my estimation. I ordered the fish cakes for starters and I have to say they were lovely. For my main course I had the sea bass which was overcooked and absolutely laden with salt and the vegetables it was sitting on were just awful. I left most of that! For dessert I had the chocolate brownie which would have been lovely if it wasn't for the strange crispy hard bits which I'm sure shouldn't have been there!! Frozen, microwaved springs to mind! I also noticed on the two occasions I have eaten here was that the restaurant is never full. This time was a Friday night 7.30pm! If you can't fill a restaurant at this time that doesn't really say a lot for the restaurant!! Would not choose to go here again and wouldn't recommend it!

• Visited November 2013
Yashaj25, Owner at Morgan's Italian, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your starter of fish cakes but very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the sea bass. We always check back on every table, if this complaint had been brought to our attention on the evening we could have rectified the situation but as it has been left to Trip Advisor we can only apologise.

I can assure you that our brownies are freshly made on our premises as are each and every one of our desserts. You said the chocolate brownie was lovely which is great, thank you, I will pass this compliment on to our chefs.

Many thanks for your feed back!