“Not sure why people rave about this place”
Review of Morgan's Italian - CLOSED

Morgan's Italian
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Morgans is a modern, exciting restaurant situated in the heart of Plymouth. Formerly a Brasserie, we are now delighted to bring the best of Italian Mediterranean cuisine to our customers - from pasta and risotto to our speciality fresh fish and shellfish.Whatever the occasion, or whichever option you choose from our extensive menus, you will receive an effortless service - the delivery of expertly cooked food using the best, fresh produce We are open everyday! Monday - Fri Lunch 11.30Am until 2.30Pm Monday - Saturday Dinner 5.00Pm until 10.00Pm Saturday & Sunday Lunch 11.30Am until 4.00Pm Sunday Evening 6.00Pm until 9.00Pm
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Not sure why people rave about this place”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Ate dinner here with friends. When we first arrived there were not that many people there and it is a big restaurant with high ceilings so the lack of people made it feel a little cold and lacking in atmosphere. This did improve as more people arrived. The service was fine, but when you are paying good money for dinner, I object to being given a menu which is just printed on A4 paper and is slightly crumpled! The food was also fine, but when I visited the ladies I found it slightly off putting to see the door hinges caked in dust. Didn't look like they had been cleaned for months. For me, the food and service were fine, but there are better places in Plymouth.

• Visited December 2013

Devon
“Laden With Salt!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is the second time I have eaten at Morgans. The first time was a few years ago and the food was lovely, albeit very tiny portions. This time I visited with a large party and although the portions sizes are now very generous, the quality of the food seems to have gone down in my estimation. I ordered the fish cakes for starters and I have to say they were lovely. For my main course I had the sea bass which was overcooked and absolutely laden with salt and the vegetables it was sitting on were just awful. I left most of that! For dessert I had the chocolate brownie which would have been lovely if it wasn't for the strange crispy hard bits which I'm sure shouldn't have been there!! Frozen, microwaved springs to mind! I also noticed on the two occasions I have eaten here was that the restaurant is never full. This time was a Friday night 7.30pm! If you can't fill a restaurant at this time that doesn't really say a lot for the restaurant!! Would not choose to go here again and wouldn't recommend it!

• Visited November 2013
Yashaj25, Owner at Morgan's Italian, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your starter of fish cakes but very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the sea bass. We always check back on every table, if this complaint had been brought to our attention on the evening we could have rectified the situation but as it has been left to Trip Advisor we can only apologise.

I can assure you that our brownies are freshly made on our premises as are each and every one of our desserts. You said the chocolate brownie was lovely which is great, thank you, I will pass this compliment on to our chefs.

Many thanks for your feed back!
North West England, United Kingdom
“Great Value”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

An atmospheric venue - even on a Sunday evening!

Great service and generous portions of good food combine to make a worthwhile visit.

• Visited June 2013
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Lovely food & atmosphere”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here with 6 colleagues for dinner whilst staying in Plymouth.

Menu has lots of choices for each course and was refreshing to see that soft drinks were not over priced.

I had the calamari to start which was good

I had the duck for main which was amazing
Cooked to perfection with dauphine potatoes and green beans.

Would high recommend.

Not too over priced considering the quality

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Great value theatre menu”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by around 5.30 without booking for dinner before the ballet.
Service is prompt, fixed price menu (2 or 3 courses) very reasonable. Most importantly, the food is delicious and menu sufficiently varied to try something different each visit.