“Photo of full English breakfast posted january is wrong.”
Review of Bistro One - CLOSED

Bistro One
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Not sure whether it is a Tripadvisor computer or some mischief maker but the lead image which has just appeared of a B & B or greasy spoon breakfast plainly does not apply to Bistro One at which we have had many top quality lunches and suppers. Not been back for a while since the major building site opened next-door but look forward to eating here many times again soon.

1  Thank Cr0wM
There are newer reviews for Bistro One

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

A real find! The menu was extensive for vegetarians but pretty simple for meat eaters. The specials menu was the best with local game and fresh fish and shellfish.
The food was superb. Cooked to perfection and served with pride.

1  Thank joeroy03
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Works well because of the genial host. Helpful with choosing wine and signposting the menu. We feed well served and well fed, nothing to complain about. Parking near here is a bit of a struggle.

2  Thank WanderingAcademic
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I had the most amazing lunch today, A wee independent restaurant , the owner serves front of house , the best service I have had in a long time in plymouth. He has an amazing knowledge of wine , coffee and most important FOOD! We cannot wait to go back . It's been a long time since I got this excited about food in Plymouth for this price!From the outside looks are definitely deceiving but there is a cosy atmosphere inside but it's all about the service and food. 1st class try it out. We have eaten in all Plymouths top restaurants and this is up there with the best , I found the owner very passionate about the dining experience even though it was only lunch . A very pleasant surprise and I cannot believe I have waited 8 yrs to try it out. We had our 2 year old with us , he was asleep in his buggy but the owner was more than glad to accommodate us .

2  Thank Charleybhoy
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Went with a friend, who is a regular, to Bistro One.

The restaurant is a bit scruffy from the outside, bistro and casual once you get in.

The owner, Stephen Barrett is loquacious, brimming with enthusiasm and totally committed to his business.

It was saturday night and the restaurant was packed out. The menu was contemporary and had some really interesting food ideas. They had sold out of one dish I would have ordered - but that's not a bad sign in my book.

We weren't very hungry so only had one course. I had hake, served with some scallops and an oystershell with mixed seafood - very good. My wife had a vegetarian crumble - equally good. We had a bottle of lightly oaked, modern style red Rioja - the choice of wine was totally different from the average wine supplier list . The puddings looked lovely but after a big celebratory lunch with friends that day there was just no way.

Service from (I suspect) a newly recruited waitress was not wholly professional but helpful and friendly. Stephen's enthusiasm and competence more than compensated.

We'd go back.