“Absolutely amazing!”
Review of Positano

Positano
Ranked #6 of 760 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I called in to Positano yesterday for the fist time at lunchtime. My wife was feeling a bit stressed from pressures at work. As soon as we stepped into the restaurant we were were greeted by the boss, Luciano, I think. We felt immediately as if we had been transported to Italy and my wife's cares just melted away.
I can't understand the idiot who said that the staff were rude and unfriendly, that is just not true. They were attentive and smiling at all times and we shared a joke with Luciano. These morons who write negative reviews are also the ones who never enjoy themselves on holiday and try to put everyone else off by there `glass half empty attitude.
The food, the service and the ambience were all first class. We have eaten all over the world and this restaurant goes into our top ten!
We plan to return to the Positano tomorrow for Bank Holiday lunch. Go visit, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank nicciandderek

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Yes they do do carry outs and they are good value. We buy maybe once a month. Sadly just recently they have slightly shrunk and lack a bit of flavour. Maybe a late sprinkling of herbs and a good drizzle of oil is being omitted.

5  Thank Josie W
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

In my opinion this is the best Italian restaurant in Plymouth by a mile, maybe even close to one of the best Italian restaurants I've eaten at!

We visited as a family of 6, all of our food was spectacular and the portions are huge! We all left feeling fat and full.

Even though the restaurant was fully booked (as it normally is), the service was still great, the waiters were polite and professional, and as busy as they were, they still had time to top up our wine as they passed by.

The prices are reasonable for the portions that are provided, I cannot recommend this place anymore, it's truly a pleasure to eat here.

2  Thank Levi N
Reviewed August 14, 2014

In my view this is one of the best Italian restaurants I have visited in the UK.
Luciano and his business partner, who is the chef, have run this restaurant together for 30 years.
We have visited from time to time over the last 10 years and the quality has been very consistent. The prices remain very reasonable, especially the house wines at about £15 which are of outstanding quality. There is a wide choice of traditional Italian favourites and specials too.
The emphasis is on the quality and authenticity of the ingredients.
If you intend to visit in the evenings bear in mind things get very busy towards the weekend so
you 'll need to book. Enjoy your visit!

1  Thank arthurrbailey
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I don't mind professional attitude, but some kind of smile wouldn't go amiss. The food was excellent, served professionally and the menu is huge If the Italian way is to be abrupt and somewhat rude and miserable, then this enough to put me off going there again. I'm not asking for a song and dance but c'mon, not ONE of the staff made a smile all night. It's a shame. Even the tip was barely thanked. Ungrateful I' say!

2  Thank LixtTricks