“AMAZING!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grecian Taverna

Grecian Taverna
Ranked #111 of 702 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Paignton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I went here for a meal with my fella..there were parties on all over..birthday cakes and birthday songs being sang..wonderful atmosphere...the food was 2nd to none..beautifully cooked and presented and loads of it...the staff were absolutely brilliant..lots of smiles and attention..one of the girls even treated us to a greek dance..the whole place was up clapping and cheering...Thankyou to all the staff and chefs that work so hard to make this place so amazing...cant wait to come back xx

• Visited August 2013

“Delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I popped into this little gem on the off chance. Staff were very
friendly and helpful explaining the menu. Such good value for what we had which
was so tasty and good quality.

Atmosphere was warm and relaxing.

Would recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Anne H
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad all round unfortunately!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked an early table for a hen party so we could hit the town with lined stomachs! When booking I was advised we would not need to pre-order as we were the only table in early... I then received a call 2 days before asking for our pre-order but when I explained what I'd previously been told the person on the phone was extremely rude and basically called me a liar! I politely stood my ground and was told I would receive a call from the manager shortly and they might not be able to cater for us... If you've ever organised a hen party then I'm sure your aware that to be told you may need to make alternative arrangements 2 days before is rather stressful!! The manager called the day before we were due in and asked for us to come in a little earlier and order on arrival - phew!
Since the initial table booking was made our table had been rebooked earlier than we had originally discussed, so we only had 2hrs, rather than the 2.5hrs we'd planned the night around. To make up for this the manager booked us a 'VIP' area in a local pub, where we'd have our own area set aside and could have a few drinks while we waited for our party-bus to arrive. We arrived at the pub and there was no area set aside, not surprised!
Back to the meal... I have a dairy allergy so mentioned this on booking, on arrival on the night and when I placed my order. The meals came our and mine was covered in cheese!! The waiter was very polite, apologised and took my plate away. Within a few meters he passed the manager who huffed and puffed and asked what I was complaining about, when the waiter explained the manager - incredibly unprofessional! Suffice to say I shall not be going there again or recommending the restaurant to any of my friends!

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thesmileyjb
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food here is amazing. Very good quality but reasonable prices. Staff are friendly and the general atmosphere is great. Will definitely be returning.

• Visited May 2013
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“I could almost imagine being on a Greek Island (had the weather been nice!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Grecian Taverna is all about food...atmosphere and...FOOD! I have always been a fan of Greek cusine since my trips to Zante and St George and have warm, fuzzy feeling about the mezze style of eating.

The staff were very friendly and it was nice having the opportunity to talk to the owner who was a Greek man. I think we were eating at an off-peak time because there was no such overcrowding as described in other reviews! I have however been before on a weekend and it was a very full restaurant- but I think that added to the charm and atmosphere because I enjoy a buzzing, party atmosphere. The first time I ate here it certainly was because there were several parties (one being a wedding party I do believe!) and there was lots of chatting and even dancing on the small dance floor area (which I loved! Very quirky little touch.)

My partner and I shared the mezze (at the very very reasonable price of £35 for 2 people!) This is the cheapest example of a mezze I have found because I was thorough disappointed the last time I went to eat Greek food when I was living in Bath and the cost for the mezze was £40 per person!!! So this is a great price. We were seen to promptly and asked to swap some of the mezze dishes for other options on the menu which they were more than happy to accomodate. We were brought the starter dishes of the mezze in about ten minutes which were all exquisite- there was extra pitta bread for the dips that were complimentary.

The main section of the mezze came out, packed with meat dishes! I love the little-bit-of-everything aspet of Greek eating and the tender meats (particularly Greek lamb which is incredible!) We sat and ate over about 3 hours. The staff saw to our needs constantly and our glasses were never empty. I would say that the amount of food was a little too much for us! So do not eat prior to arrival if you plan on tackling the mezze!

Really good value and auethentic Greek cusine. It was so lovely to have a range of food that was beautifully cooked and presented. Nothing was too much for the staff and I like the small and bustling venue. A must for people who enjoy a good dolmado or stifado! I couldn't praise it enough and will be sure to return again when I am hungry!!!

• Visited February 2013