“Very good fish and chips”
Review of Platters

Platters
Ranked #2 of 39 Coffee & Tea in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Large portions, nice fish worth a try. Right in the barbican area, small place with limited tables have eaten here a number of times.

6  Thank Yamas
There are newer reviews for Platters

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Been to platters a fair few times, and each time I am always satisfied! Their portions are huge and delicious and well worth the price.
Never been disappointed, and one valentines they gave roses to all the women :)

5  Thank PygmySwede
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had the rare opportunity to get a weekend away without the kids, so went to stay in Plymouth (where we met). Decided to go back to Platters as that was where we had our first meal together and went there quite a lot when we lived in Plymouth. Now to be fair, this place isn't going to win any beauty awards, the staff (still some of the same ones from 20 years ago) are a bit quirky and the seating is compact.

Having said that, the food is generally excellent here and I was surprised to read some of the low ratings and comments. I have never found it to be anything other than delicious and considering my OH doesn't like fish the steak she had was cooked really well.

If you like fish dishes and a something quirky and different, then this place is for you.

Glad to see it hasn't changed.

5  Thank SamKen21
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this place it does not matter what day or time it is, you always get good food and the staff are something else.I do not mind having to wait for a table, but now I always make sure I book before as it is always busy.

5  Thank Tonia F
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We've arrived here by change - and what a good luck! We took several fish dishes and enjoyed every each of them. The place is quite small and very crowded and the waiters might seen rude as they are in a constant rush. For us it, was a delight and they were very helpful - they even gave us tips for a great breakfast next morning! Definitively we'll come back!

5  Thank Xarlos11