“Best fish in Plymouth”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This place is just filled with atmosphere, we have been visiting for 20 years and have never been let down

2  Thank gordonw21

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My friend and I had a wonderful meal here. Garlic Prawns were the best Ive ever had. Scallops in a creamy sauce were just divine. Value for money. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Dee856
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Poor, very poor. Only cod which i had with chips. The cod was a minnow and the quality was very poor, grey fish and far too much batter. NEVER AGAIN.

1  Thank AndyScunthorpe
Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We came on Saturday for lunch.
Service cool and great, mussels for starter great!
Ordered fish and chips and it was amazing! The best we have ever had in a long time! And the home made tartare sauce was spot on!!!
Perhaps the peas could be less mashy in the future but don't care as will def come back to this place!!!!!

2  Thank DJG1983
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Called in here this afternoon about 2:30, it was quiet, about 10 people in on 5 double tables and plenty of space, so we sat down at a reasonably sized table, admittedly it was set for 6 but, before we even managed to actually sit down a waiter turned round an said "table for 2?", "yes" I answered and he said no more but pointed over his head to a tiny table in a corner and turned his back on us! now the place was near on empty, there was plenty of room and I don't like pokey little corner tables, I also prefer for people to be polite and say something like, " can I ask if you would like to sit here instead?", or even show me to another table would have been fine. but to gesticulate over the top of his head was a bit rude, I try not to be rude to waiters and appreciate it when they are not rude to me, so we left. I don't think he even noticed we had gone.
Sorry I can't comment on the food but it looked ok.

1  Thank obiwanwasabe

Been to Platters? Share your experiences!