“Beautiful”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The food and service were absolutely beautiful, the staff were incredibly polite and understanding. However what ruined our evening was that another diner sat on the table next to us was extremely rude, not only to her partner, to the waitresses and the maître ds whilst giving 'constructive criticism.' I felt the staff dealt with her very well despite her being considerably drunk and when she wasn't abusing staff she sat on Facebook mobile or made comments about other guests. Its a shame that she could obviously afford to dine out at nice restaurants, but cannot buy manners.

Tanners is quite expensive for the portion sizes but looking back, I quite like having a three course meal and not being uncomfortably full afterwards-also the food is all quite decadent and rich that you do not need more. I did expect a side of vegetables to share between two, but I don't think I could have eaten anymore so wasn't really an issue. I mentioned when ordering that I have a slight lactose intolerance and the staff did their best to cater to that at the last minute and double check.

The dessert was amazing, 8 element chocolate. It was heaven. After speaking with staff I decided that despite the lactose part of it- it was the dessert I had to have.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Ate here on a Thursday night (28.2.13) and it was buzzing. From the moment we arrived the service was impeccable.

We had several champagne cocktails; when I mentioned to the waiter that I wasn't too keen to the sweetness of one, he tried a different champagne for me for the next glass, brilliant!

Food was yummy and I felt like I was really somewhere special. The set menus are great value and cater for all. I went wit a friend but will definitely be making another trip to Plymouth in the new future with my partner. I haven't stopped talking about the place.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This restaurant I guess is very high class with awesome food, just not what I was expecting

The quality of the food was amazing, HOWEVER the portions were so small I still fealt hungry after a 3 course meal (go to the casion or other nearby high quality food restaurants and get normal portions)

Did I mention it was expensive? Approx £100 for 2 for 3 courses with soft drinks

Great ambience and service.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We’ve had a few visits here. The setting is very unique and the restaurant is nicely done. Service was good and the food, outstanding. Nice little touches with ‘pre-starters’ etc but I won’t say anymore to not spoil the surprise.

Nice menu, food well cooked and delicious. Booking essential. Definitely one of the better places to eat in Plymouth.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My friend and I went to Tanners and had the set menu which was fantastic! The service was flawless and the staff were very friendly. I will definitely return. One of the best restaurants in Plymouth!

1  Thank Katherine H