“Great Italian Job !!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I do not agree with any of the negative reviews of this restaurant as I have dined there on many occasions and have always been very satisfied with everything.
My most recent visit was on a Sunday evening when I went with my husband. We had a voucher offer - 3 courses for £12.95pp. We had garlic bread with mozzarella to start which was ok but could have been more garlicky! However our pizzas were so tasty - in fact I think mine was the best pizza I have ever had the good fortune to eat ! We chose the lighter variety which are around 500 calories as they are thin and crispy with a hole in the middle filled with delicious salad. Then we had a choice of chocolate fudge cake or ice cream for dessert. I never choose ice cream on its own when dining out as find it a little boring but this time it was amazing ! Real Italian ice cream served in a glass with a wafer.
I had a glass of wine with my meal and my husband had a soft drink and I finished it off with a lovely coffee and the total bill was £34. Not bad for 3 courses with drinks and coffee on a Sunday evening.
The 2 staff who were serving were both very friendly and efficient without being obtrusive. We also noticed how the waiter rushed over straight away to a gentleman when he dropped his knife on the floor to replace it with a clean one.
The decor and lighting are bright and cheerful and the restaurant always seems spotless.
All in all Top Marks !!

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went for lunch during half term although busy the manager could plainly not cope was bit rude the waitresses work bit too hard to try get tips which is annoying when your trying to enjoy your meal. Food nothing special like any other chain restaurant average and small portions for salads its only salad no need to be tight.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited early evening as a pre show dinner, on a Monday might. Good location for theatre and Pavilion but otherwise a bit away from the City Centre.
On arrival greeted by dirty floor mat - needed a vacuum, otherwise appeared clean. Decor was very sparse. Service was good. Food was only OK - nothing special for price. Served in reasonable time. Used a 25% off main meal voucher downloaded from web.
Overall average - not the worst or best meal we have had in Plymouth but expensive (even using voucher). Probably won't go to Pizza Express again.

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My Caesar salad was very nice as were the spicy meatballs. Sadly meal was ruined by over-bearing waitress who kept picking up everyone's bottles of beer, cider, wine and commenting on how much was left. Guess what? If I want more to drink I will say so and picking up my bottle every 10 minutes is just plain rude! She also argued with me about anchovies in salads... She is a waitress, not some highly regarded food critic! Needs to be fired.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

First visit, and we love pizzas so really looking forward to eating here. Welcome was great, and the waitress was very very good. Unfortunately the food did not match up to the excellent customer service and wine! Starter of Bruschetta was ok but nothing special and the thin and crispy pizza was thin and soggy in the middle. Other starter of mozzarella and tomato, skin was tough on tomatoes and the tomato was sliced very thickly and there was no salt in sight to put on the tomatoes . Overall great waitress poor food!!