“Very Chilled hotel and very green and environmentally aware”
Review of Jurys Inn Plymouth

Jurys Inn Plymouth
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Plymouth
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Stayed one night to visit our daughter at Plymouth Uni. Location was spot on. Close to her and the Drake Circus shopping centre and within walking distance of the train station.
The hotel is modern, clean and bright. Receptionists were very friendly and helpful esp our check in one on November 6th.
The room was nice, spacious and clean but the view from the window was the back of the hotel, couldn't even see the street. Shame but it was only one night. If we stay again I'll ask to be at the back of the hotel where the views are.
Breakfast was very good. Buffet food but all very nicely cooked and plenty of choice. Only thing was our room key stopped working at 10.30 and check out is until 12.00 so we had to queue at reception to get a new one.
Very comfy bed after walking round plymouth for hours we slept very well!
Will return soon!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lifeastrin
Write a ReviewReviews (2,622)

Reviewed October 9, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night recently, pay and display car parking is available practically next door, £10 plus 30p convenience charge unless you've got the amount in coins, otherwise credit or debit card is required. The hotel itself is perfectly serviceable and close to the city centre, Barbican and university. The room was comfortable and clean, although if I was staying again I'd ask for a room at the rear and a chance to overlook the marina and coast. The breakfast was standard buffet fare and OK, I'd have been tempted to find something outside though if it hadn't been included in the room rate. Overall I'd stay again unless the prices were significantly increased.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brgkamp
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Jurys Inn.. a nice room , but thats all the positives, the staff ( apart from front Desk ) were dreadful, they couldnt care less, service was shocking, when I was there the restaurant was only serving a limited menu so I went to the bar and wanted Chilli con carne without rice.... but with potatoes," we cant to do that" So i ordered a portion of potatoes and a chill con carne rice on the side, that was Ok! The parking is a nightmare and very very confusing which is never a great start, Much better hotels exit in Plymouth for the same money

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank woodley188
Management response:Responded October 19, 2010

Dear Woodley188

I very much appreciate you taking the time to express your feedback from your stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth recently. Such feedback is entirely valuable as we rely on you, the guest, to tell us when we get things right, or in this case when we have not. Without this we cannot identify areas of our business which need improvement and enhanced training to ensure our guests receive the best possible service.

I am hugely dissappointed that you were in receipt of such poor customer service and wish to convey my full and sincere apologies for having to endure this whilst dining from our bar menu. Had I, or indeed one of my Management Team, been made aware of the situation at the time we would have gone to great lengths to rectify there and then

Normally we would pride ourselves in our service and our 'Can Do' attitude but this I agree is not acceptable. I welcome any opportunity to speak with you directly and hope that you would seek to make contact with me personally in the very near future.

I do appreciate that we did not fail you in all areas of our service, noting you highlight the quality of our rooms and effectiveness of the front desk team.

Please do afford us the opportunity to 'get it right' and i hope that we are in direct contact soon.

Kindest regards
Richard Cambridge
Jurys Inn Plymouth

Reviewed September 28, 2010

Overall the Hotel is Ok, the food is nice, not great, the room was very clean and quiet. The hotel laccks a lot of things you would expect, like a minibar and the limit to which the bath would fill is extremely shallow, and the toilet paper was very dry and rough. I'm perfectly happy with the rooms though, the sheets were good quality and the matress was very comfortable.

What really lets down this hotel is the staff. They are extremely dismissive and just want to get your query out of the way so they can get to the next person or continue their banter. There was an incident where a young blonde waitress in the restaurant in the lobby lost her temper with a young waiter for using 'her tray', she broke of our conversation to shout at him before being told of by a woman who seemed to be the manager. When ordering room service they charge to have it taken to your room and when collecting it from downstairs it is always in a different place... Twice in the mornings a cleaner just walked into my room, the first time with no warning, the second shortly after knocking... the same thing happened the next morning. Terrible staff!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank wb89
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Stayed here with my husband for two nights while on a training course. We normally stay in the Holiday Inn on the Hoe and was disappointed to discover it was fully booked so we had to accept a 3 single bed room at Jury's as they were also very busy. Hotel easy to find as it is on Charles Cross roundabout. We parked almost underneath the hotel which is also a car park for Staples and Gala bingo. The hotel recommends Drakes Circus car park as they have an overnight deal of £12 incl free internet. We paid £10.
Rooms were spotless and modern, beds comfy (even for a single). Bathroom clean and modern. My only moan is that the shower curtain made the bathroom smell as it was never left to dry properly. This may only have been a problem in our room.
Lifts are operated by your room key for extra security. Breakfast was an informal buffet style and of good quality. Location excellent, 5 min walk from the Barbican out of the basement door of hotel.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Panda28
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed at the hotel on Saturday 31st July, all started well with easy online booking system, quick check in and the room had a nice big bed. My only complaint was being woken up on Sunday morning at 8.30am and then again at 10am by the cleaner knocking the door and coming in on both occasions asking to clean the room.
I am sure that a hotel chain like Jury's Inn must have a fairly good reservation system that tells housekeeping what room has checked out. Having a random person coming into your room twice on a Sunday morning is not my idea of a leisure break!.

On check out, I told the receptionist, who said 'not again', there was no apology , she then carried on her conversation with her work colleague about how tired they were and what they plans they had. I sent an email to Jury Inn, but have had no reply.
A simple apology is all I wanted.
I think Jury Inn is spending all their money on advertising (very good) but not following it through with basic good customer service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Devongirl76
Reviewed July 25, 2010

stayed here after booking thro laterooms.com. £48 per night for a room sleeping 3 adults and a child in a cot. very reasonable for what we got. room still big enough to move around comfortably in. room clean and tidy, staff helpful. food was slightly expensive tho. only problem was parking as carpark shared with shops and the local bingo hall but we managed. was close to city centre - good for the young ones who liked shopping and the bars. they also upgraded my daughter and her boyfriend as she had just passed out from HMS Raleigh at no extra cost. a nice gesture. overall would def stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family