3,115 results
All reviews car park gala bingo shopping centre drakes circus central location buffet breakfast reception staff business trip short stay would stay again stayed for one night excellent value for money comfy bed barbican area parking staples university
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Just to be clear, the room was very clean which is my first point no matter how much you pay for your staying. It is not my kind of hotel I would rate at all as it is part of a chain and I do not like any chain hotel. For what I paid, next time I will try somewhere else as this place doesn' have anything special to be remembered for. Boring but clean perfect for a working trip, not for a holiday weekend. The experience would have been ok if it wasn't for the snoring man next room. The wall are not insulated at all and I couldn't sleep at all for the noise. It was bad luck and shame on whoever has designed the rooms for saving money on sound proof materials. Another sad note is the fact that the windows can be slightly opened which it may be good for some fresh air but they are mainly used by smokers who smokes and leave the cigarettes butts outside on the edge.

Room Tip: Best rooms Best rooms on the top floors as the hotel is on a very, very busy road and facing the harbour (back of the hotel)
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
ElaineHarwood, General Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2016

Dear Barbara,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback after your recent stay with us.
I was extremely disappointed to read of your disturbed sleep and your disappointment with the hotel. We normally have excellent feedback however some people do not like the uniformity of chain hotels and I can understand that.
We do endeavor to give a personal touch to all interactions with our guests and I hope you found our team friendly and personable.
If you have any further feedback I'd be delighted to speak with you personally. My contact details are below.

Kind regards,
Elaine Harwood,
01752 631001
elaine_harwood@jurysinns.com

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during half term and found the adjoining car park easy to find and just 5 minutes walk from the hotel, some may say £11 for 24 hours is not good but for the price we paid for the night this wasn't a problem. Location is ideal and staff are very helpful. Room service is great and overall a good nights stay.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

Visited with 2 children in half term for an overnight stay. We arrived in Plymouth early & staff were happy to keep our bags in a secure room until check in. Reception staff were friendly & helpful, our room was ready on time & clean throughout. We had drinks & bar snacks in the evening where service was fast. We had breakfast included in our deal (we booked direct with jury's inn for the best available price). The choice & quality of breakfast was fantastic, continental & full English buffet with extras including hot porridge and pancakes with all the extras you could think of! I would highly recommend this hotel, the central location is ideal for exploring the city centre & seaside sights.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2016

Excellent hotel good value for money ideal for visiting plymouth. Lovely breakfast in the morning all hot and constantly topping up ideal start to the day. We will definitely use again when we come to visit our son
Only snag is paying for car park

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jurys Inn
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. Rooms are tastefully decorated & bed was very comfortable. I also didn't notice very much noise either which was lovely, and although not the fastest at least the free wifi existed. Breakfast was lovely although the logistics could be improved.

Few little niggles:
No trays for breakfast which meant multiple trips backwards & forwards with breakfast, toast, teapot, milk jug & cup
Dinner service could be better - waitress placed my meal in front of me then ran off before I could ask for another drink or any sauces.

CAR PARK TIPS:
1) I've seen a few people posting that they struggled to find a space. There are 2 levels to the car park - the bottom level has a different entrance to the one under Gala/Staples - it's accessed via Bilbury Street. If you go into the one off the main roundabout (Gala/Staples - down the spiral ramp), go out the other side onto Bilbury Street and look right. That's the other entrance. To get to it (Bilbury St is one way & it's in the wrong direction), go the correct way down the one way street, turn right & right again at the mini roundabout & you're back on Bilbury Street. Car park is on your left. Because it's more difficult to get to, it's practically empty.
2) Don't pay the car park charges in the car park if you're parking between 5pm & 11am the next day. Jury's Inn have a deal with Britannia Car Parks that isn't advertised in the actual car park. It's £12 if you pay in the car park or £8 if you pay at reception. I found this out after I'd paid the £12 but was staying for another 2 nights so was asked to take advantage of it for the other 2 at least.

Happy travels :)