3,133 results
All reviews car park gala bingo shopping centre drakes circus central location buffet breakfast reception staff business trip short stay would stay again stayed for one night excellent value for money comfy bed barbican area parking staples university
Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

About 5 minutes walk to the port and 10 into town Jurys is pretty well placed. I'm told there is an underground car park but none of us found it and parked at the local shopping centre for £12 a night.

Check in was slow and my colleague was given his room number only to be told by the guest at the next reception desk that he had literally only just checked out and that there was no way the room will have been cleaned yet - the staff hastily changed his room.

The room had the basics you would expect - easy to use shower, air con, hairdryer etc.

The major downside for me was the state of the room. The only bath towel had been draped soaking wet across the sink, the bath had hairs in it from the previous occupant, the bin still had rubbish in it, the last guest had also left his internet receipt on the table in clear view but the cleaner had missed it, there was a clothing tag on the floor in the bathroom and the bed smelt anything other than clean. That is simply not good enough.

At a push I would stay again, although i'd look elsewhere first, but i would definitely check the room before unpacking.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
ElaineHarwood, General Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2016

Dear 2555aster,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review after your recent stay.

I am horrified to read the feedback on your stay and would like to resolve this for you offline. This is extremely poor and certainly not our normal level of service. It appears you were checked into a room that had not been inspected by a supervisor and for that I can only apologize profusely.

My contact details are below, I beg you to contact me directly at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,
Elaine Harwood,
elaine_harwood@jurysinns.com
01752 631001

Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

It's been nearly a year since I first arrived at Jurys Inn Plymouth. Staff have come and gone and the menu has changed.
I was a bit sceptical about the new menu after having 7 months of the old one, but don't panic. With chef Michael in the kitchen the food is superb. Slowly working my way through the menu, but the mackerel and beetroot starter is fantastic.
The bar is in good hands with Charlie and Roxy making the perfect G&T.
Sad to see some staff leaving: good luck to Sam in his new job and good luck to Maggie with the new baby.
If you are ever in Plymouth I would recommend this hotel for a comfortable relaxing stay with good food and great staff.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2016

Very efficient staff, clean hotel and conveniently situated. Like a lot of hotels the Cleaning of rooms were a bit haphazard,sometimes late afternoon, sometimes early morning, a bit annoying if you want a siesta!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2016

I really recommend this hotel it's great!
Good and strategic location, Strong Wifi, Very clean.
The moder room was big and impeccable with beautiful decor and the beds were very comfortable.
Helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2016

My first time staying in a jurys inn and I can't say it was the best experience, mainly down to the staff. Pointed out some problems in the bathroom and after what felt like quite a while got a apology and offer of a complimentary coffee which I declined, if they can't get a bathroom to work properly what state would the coffee be I wondered. . . . .

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled on business