Jurys Inn Plymouth
$128
$100
$97
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Plymouth Derriford Hotel(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$48
Travelodge
$51
Travelodge
2,825 results
All reviewscar parkgala bingoshopping centredrakes circuscentral locationbuffet breakfastreception staffbusiness tripshort staywould stay againstayed for one nightexcellent value for moneycomfy bedbarbican areaparkingstaplesuniversity
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I almost put 'very good'. The hotel is in the middle of some refurbishment, and the painters were in evidence. No sign of stag parties, rather business people and over 60s coach tourists. The parking is tricky but not as bad as suggested in some of the reviews. If you are coming in from Exeter, go past the hotel to the church roundabout. It does not look as if there is a turn to the left by Gala bingo but there is. Turn left straight away and follow the signs to the underground car park. On a Sunday evening there was loads of space. The hotels special rate kicks in from 5 oclock, so if you arrive before then, pay the meter appropriately. I arrived at 4 so one hour parking. Then go up to the hotel rather than try to go out the back. Come out by the turning where you dived in, and a tiny walk, well lit to the hotel itself. We were greeted by a very efficient and cheery receptionist who asked us where we had parked. She then arranged for the hotel rate of £6 until 11 the next day which was fine for us. I can see it could be a problem if you were staying a few nights, in which case you would have to balance your room cost versus the parking. She also gave us a sea view without asking. Small room but fine. Coffee in the lobby was good. Breakfast was entirely self service but the machine coffee was good and the buffet well stocked. Only downside for me was the fried eggs which had been there a while. I really like it when eggs are cooked to order! Very handy for the centre, the Barbican and the University.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
DonalStafford, General Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear BoldlyGO,

Many thanks for your very comprehensive review. I'm delighted with your positive feedback and I will certainly be taking on board your comments about the eggs.

Do please contact me at Donal_Stafford@jurysinns.com if I can ever be of assistance for future any stays.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Plain basic rooms, friendly but badly overworked staff results in painfully slow service. Overpriced and under standard food, chicken breast burger (£12) consisted of an over cooked chicken breast that tasted of salt and not much else? Served with small bowl of cold chips and (the best bit of the meal) 3 onion rings, add this to the slow service and it was no wonder that the pizza express delivery man made more than one visit to the front desk, I ate at the bar and heard a steady stream of customers first asking why the food they ordered had not been served followed by return visits complaining the food was sub standard, won't be stopping again if I can help it.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Darren K

Dear Darren K,

Thank you for your review and please accept my deepest apologies for our shortcomings during
your stay with us, i's clear we didn't get it all right on the night in question.

I would liek to show you that we can do better so if you do hav ean opportunity to re-visit Plymouth, I would be delighted if you could contact me at Donal_Stafford@jurysinns.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Hotel was ok, clean and tidy, location good for staying at City centre, food was nice service was good at the restaurant and breakfast. Make sure you pay for parking at reception and not at the car park! I got stung and paid £11 when you only have to pay £6 to be fair there was a sign on the car park wall but I didn't see it! It was on A4 size and when your tiered after a long drive it's harder to notice so be warned. Oh! Next door to Staples stationary store which is handy for business odds and ends that you may need.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mark B,

Thank you for your review and it's great to hear that you had a good stay with us. We are currently working with the car park operator to update all signage in the car park so this should certainly improve in the near future.

If I can ever be of assistance for future bookings, please feel free to contact me at Donal_Stafford@jurysinns.com.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Helpful and polite staff. Bedrooms are clean and spacious. The Internet offered free was quite limited unless you paid to upgrade. The breakfasts served where really superb. Lovely range and not overcooked on a heat plate.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rosie A
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Perfect location. Not so perfect service. I needed a bath/shower mat because the floor in the shower was like an ice rink. Got one two days later. I even ask the manager and he was not very interested. I got very good service from a young female receptionist called Maggie who arranged for one for me. At breakfast there wasn't enough food. Bacon/eggs they just couldn't cope with the amount of guests. The coke was warm and flat and told by the bar staff 'yes we know' apart from all this the rooms were clean and airy and the price was very good and location is great

• Stayed: April 2014