Jurys Inn Plymouth
$90
  • Breakfast included
$81
  • Pool
Travelodge Plymouth Derriford Hotel(Plymouth)(Great Value!)
$48
Travelodge
2,822 results
All reviewscar parkgala bingoshopping centredrakes circuscentral locationbuffet breakfastreception staffvery pleasant stayshort staystayed for one nightwould stay againexcellent value for moneycomfy bedbarbican areaparkingstaplesuniversity
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Not a good Hotel if you're on business. Maybe good if you're on a Stag or Hen doo (where you don't need to spend much time in the room or do any work).

Main Negative Points:
- Check-in was slow
- Room was dirty. Sand on/inside bed sheets from previous occupants, hairs in Sink and Bath. Asked is house keeping was available to clean room as I liked view but they weren't available so was moved room.
- Internet not free - £5 for 1hr, £10 for 24hrs (but they have a thing if you buy a drink at the Bar and show your receipt to reception they'll give you 1hr free).
- Car parking frankly a bit of a nightmare - Car Park is across the street. Not nice when returning back from a long day... park your car, go to reception and get/pay (£6) for 1day ticket (can be a long wait if busy). Go back to car in car park and put ticket in window. This has to be done every day. Why don't they have one that can cover the whole stay?
- No Iron in room... When I called reception for one (after waiting for phone to be answered for 5mins) they told me none was available and they didn't know where they were?
- For such a new Hotel - compared to others place is generally "grubby"
- They billed my AMEX Card twice for the stay... had to wait to get a refund after leaving.

Plus Points:
- Staff nice - Trying their best
- Good breakfast
- Hotel in good location (if you're a tourist and don't have a Car)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view... towards the front or sides of the building as quite a lot of the room in the inner part of the Hotel overlook each other
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Rohan P, Manager at Jurys Inn Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Guests,

I am sorry to that you did not have very pleasant stay and the issues you had in regards to car park and iron board. I have passed your feedback to the relevant department manager to ensure that this does not happen again in future. I am glad to hear that you found our breakfast good and friendly staff.

As Jurys inn Plymouth we do use public car park which is next to hotel, there is an option available to pay at the car park. The car park vouchers for £6 which can be obtained from the reception only allows you to park until 11am next morning.

I hope this helps and if you wish to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me on rohan_patel@jurysinns.com

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed with my friend, whom I had not seen in a long time, not least because he has been serving overseas with the RAF.

As such, I requested (twice) that the room be on a high level and well away from the lifts, so that my friend could have a relaxing stay without any hustle and bustle associated with lower floors near lifts. However, we were given a room on the second floor directly opposite a lift.

The double bed seemed rather small- thankfully there was only one of us sleeping on it. The couch bed I hear was comfy, and although small the double was comfy too. Although I actually like firm beds so it may not be so good for someone who likes soft ones. They also provided plenty of pillows and an extra blanket. This was a muggy day though, and it would have been good if the air con would have gone a bit lower than 19 degrees.

However the decor seemed dated and worn, and the room as not as clean as I like itso I went round with wetwipes- including in the bathroom where there were staines.

Overall I think it was expensive for what we were offered. The parking situation is also a bit of a farce.

Room Tip: Ask for one at the back- the noise levels of the traffic at the front do not bode well for a good night's sleep. The windows keep out no sound at all.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellingFreakShow

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review your recent stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am terribly sorry that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion and we were not able to meet your request . I can assure you that these are not our normal standards of operation. I have shared your review with the relevant management who will aim to improve on your feedback.

I would be grateful if you could contact me on rohan_patel@jurysinns.com to discuss this further in detail.

Regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here after arriving from Roscoff and having too many bad experiences with Travelodge.

Very pleasantly surprised with the service/speed of check-in, quality of room and quietness of the hotel. We were staying at the rear of the hotel overlooking the church on the round-a-bout and it was very quiet.

Family room (Room 525) was awesome and easily fitted in a double, two singles and a cot.
Loads of room for our family of 5!

Parking was a little tricky, and even with a disabled badge we felt the need to use a local (Gala Bingo) pay and display car park. This was locked between 23.00 and 06.30 which was great for us as we had a car full after our holiday!

Recommended.

Room Tip: Family rooms are huuuuuuge and overlook the old church on the roundabout / less noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Stephen M

Dear Stephen,

I am really glad to hear that you had very pleasant experience and comfortable stay with your family of 5. I am very pleased that the service you received at the hotel exceeded your expectation. We do have a public car park available next to hotel which is very secure.

We look forward to welcome you again in future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

All the staff seemed to enjoy their jobs here and were always friendly and helpful. It was in a great location for the Barbican area, shopping mall and the railway station wasn't too far away either. I had a good sized room. Everything was clean with all the standard room features. Good breakfast. Taxis don't tend to use the front entrance due to parking restrictions, but there is another access way around the back. There is a charge for internet access to bedrooms. I had a bit of a problem one night reconnecting after I had already paid, but otherwise a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tomll1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth .I will pass over your feedback to our team who will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcome you again in future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We chose this hotel based on past experiences - has a good location and fairly reasonably priced. The rooms were comfortable, well equipped and had a lovely bathroom. Only issue we had was being on one of the lower floors and having to have the window open slightly as it was quite stuffy. We ended up been woken constantly with the sound of 'Come on Eileen' being sung by loud party animals at the nearby pub! But after that we slept well and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Stay higher up the floors - no outside noise at all
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Jurys Inn Plymouth.

I am glad to hear that you have chosen Jurys Inn Plymouth based on your past experience and we did meet your expectation this time as well. I am sorry to hear about the noise coming through your window.

On you next visit, you can contact one of our reservation team who will be more than happy to allocate a room on higher floor should you preffer higher floor.

I hope this helps and we will look forward to welcome you again in future.